New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

iOS 4.3.1 Now Available

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

iOS 4.3.1 released, fixes a few bugs -- Engadget

Quote:
...fixing a handful of issues related to enterprise apps, AV-out, iPod touch graphics problems, and cellular network connections; not the most exciting changelog, but it's better than a slap across the face. As usual, the update is available for pretty much the full suite of iOS products -- iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch alike.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

I'm still waiting for iOS 4.3 for my VZW iPhone, Apple. Hurry it up!
QUOTE Thanks
a.j.c.

a.j.c. is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: soon to be another iMac owner

downloading as i type,
QUOTE Thanks
MacLicious

MacLicious will become famous soon enough

Thanks. I am also downloading while I type now. I am wondering if this was the cause of my recent problem on my iP4. It was after I had downloaded a new app 'wmv' and I started having problems with the display where everything was zoomed out so huge I could not even punch in my lock code to unlock my phone. I ended up rebooting my ip4 within iTunes back to new out of the box condition and reloading all my stuff on. Big pain in the butt.
Anyone know off hand if this app could cause this?
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWhat View Post
I'm still waiting for iOS 4.3 for my VZW iPhone, Apple. Hurry it up!
Yep, here too. We VZW iPhone owners are like red headed stepchildren, I suppose.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
TheGreatApple

TheGreatApple is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Late 2009 MBP 15 Inch, iPhone 4, iPad 2

I wonder if this updates also fixes all the battery drain issues that 4.3 brought with it.
QUOTE Thanks
a.j.c.

not sure what the deal is but after downloading my 3gs has been running very choppy..and the girl friends iphone4 runs perfect..
i swear she gets the better end of the deal every time lol
QUOTE Thanks
rabbitjetta

rabbitjetta is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Retina Pro, iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPod touch 3-5, iMac 27

I got it on my ip4 and the screen hasn't been flashing and crashing all of my apps
QUOTE Thanks
TheGreatApple

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.j.c. View Post
not sure what the deal is but after downloading my 3gs has been running very choppy..and the girl friends iphone4 runs perfect..
i swear she gets the better end of the deal every time lol
I'm still not convinced that Apple isn't trying to phase out older phones to force an upgrade in this way. But whatever...

**** That's Good Beer! - The Orignal Beer Bloggin' *******
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatApple View Post
I'm still not convinced that Apple isn't trying to phase out older phones to force an upgrade in this way. But whatever...
Although that wouldn't surprise me, do keep in mind that the 3GS is still an active model, being sold by AT&T here in the US. I can't imagine Apple would deliberately make the model obsolete being that they're still selling them.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
TheGreatApple

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
Although that wouldn't surprise me, do keep in mind that the 3GS is still an active model, being sold by AT&T here in the US. I can't imagine Apple would deliberately make the model obsolete being that they're still selling them.
It does make sense from a logical prospective I agree, and while that is probably more than likely the case, I'm still not fully convinced. The way they've handling things on the iphone side in the last year has bothered me some, especially since I was on the end of a 3G until a couple months back. I'm not accusing anyone directly because I don't actually know for sure, but I have a sneaking suspicion more or less.

Drop support for my old phone, no problem there...but don't turn it into nothing more than a paperweight

**** That's Good Beer! - The Orignal Beer Bloggin' *******
QUOTE Thanks
brairden

brairden has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2 iMacs, 1 MBP, 1 UMB, 1 mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatApple View Post
Drop support for my old phone, no problem there...but don't turn it into nothing more than a paperweight
Agreed. I passed along my 3g to my son and I have wished many times that I had not progressed after 3.1.3. It may not have had the features, but it was a much more pleasant user experience.

15" 2.53ghz i5 MacBook Pro (2010) 8gb, 500gb HD - 60gb OWC SSD
13" 2.4ghz MacBook Unibody (late 2008) 4gb, 250gb
24" 2.4ghz Aluminum iMac (mid 2007) 3gb, 1tb
mini 2.0ghz - 32gb iPhone 4
QUOTE Thanks
a.j.c.

The 3GS is even still being sold at the apple store too as well as AT&T as someone pointed out.
With that said mine is running like normal again after a quick reboot

Both phones are linked to my account and since I use both the 3GS and the 4 pretty much on an equal basis I can say from a browsing the Internet standpoint they are both just as fast as one another
QUOTE Thanks
EndlessMac

EndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs

What I have noticed so far with the update is that my iPhone doesn't seem to have problems connecting to the data network when I turn it off and on. Before the update there were many times that I either could not reconnect to the data network or it took a very long time.

Since I have the lowest data plan I always turn off my data when I don't need it so I can save my monthly data usage. This is much easier than checking every single app I have and making sure they are not using my data in the background.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Magazine on the iPad | Brittannica Concise Encyclopedia 2011 comes to iOS devices »