New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

jailbreak and unlocking problem with iPhone 4

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bnk

bnk is on a distinguished road

hey folks, I just got an iPhone 4 as my 21st birthday gift and I was psyched as ****. i was itching to just jailbreak it and get all sorts of crazy apps. Plus i live in pakistan so i was thinking of unlocking it too. The thing is, the first time i turned my phone on it seemed to have been unlocked and jailbroken already. My friend pointed it out after seeing cydia on my phone (at this point i didnt know **** about jailbreaking and unlocking iphones). Knowing my iphone was jailbroken my friend told me to download installous 4.0 and i'd be able to download all sorts of apps directly on my iphone. My friend ended up downloading installous 4.0 on my iphone and installed it. After installing installous the phone asked to be rebooted, which i obviously allowed. After that reboot the phone was stuck on the apple logo for 2 days. So i read up online and decided to restore my iphone to 4.3 iOS, being scared that my iphone was bricked. Well, i was wrong about that, the phone works - its just stuck on the emergency call (which im guessing is because of it being locked). I know there is a tethered jail break for 4.3 iOS, but i dont choose to follow that. My question is there a way for me to downgrade to 4.2 iOS, knowing my iphone is stuck at the emergency call? Please any help will be appreciated. Im sorry im a complete noob at this, please i need some sort of direction.

Cheers!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Gmail per-label notifications possible? | Garage Band, iMovie for iPad now in App Store »