New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Problem with daylight savings time?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
Not unless Arkansas is on a different schedule for DST ending. It officially ends at 2:00 AM on Nov 6th.
I think that I am the one on a different schedule. Actually, couldn't remember when it ends.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
McYukon

McYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweb View Post
The biggest argument I heard for changing the time is in the winter months, moving the clock back an hour makes it lighter in the morning which is safer for kids walking to school.

That was a huge part of the argument against expanding DST a few years ago.
Works wonders up here where it's dark till 11:00 /sarcasm

Use the reputation system if a post helps you!
Mac Forums IRC Channel - Help build it by hanging out with us
The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

I remember walking to work at the school store in the morning in junior high; I always had to walk to school in the dark. Wasn't that bad, kids need to deal!
QUOTE Thanks
cristovao

cristovao is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Core 2 Duo 2.26 13" | PowerMac G5 2.7 DP 8GB RAM | iPhone 4 16GB

I've read some comments about people having the normal issues; time goes back instead of forward; time changes by two hours instead of one; alarm doesn't work; have to reboot phone, etc, etc, etc.

And yet, I'm having some unique issues altogether. The time changed fine early Sunday morning. No issues there. My alarm failed to work this morning. Disappointing but apparently par for the course on both the iPhone and with many others as well.

Here's the strange thing; the time-stamp on my SMS messages are ahead by TWO hours? What is up with that?

I've tried turning off "Set Automatically" which didn't work. I rebooted ans still, no correction.

I'm on the TELUS network in Calgary (Mountain Time zone) using the iPhone 4 with iOS 4.3.

Anyone else having this issue?

Off the Dial
Apple MacBook Pro "Core 2 Duo" 2.26 13" 4GB RAM
Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.7 DP, 8GB RAM, 250GB + 1TB HDD
80GB iPod Classic | iPhone 4 16GB
QUOTE Thanks
Fulgurite

Fulgurite is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iPhone 3GS, MBPro 13'' & MBAir 13''

Just wondering, has this DST issue popped up again?

I returned back in Europe recently after a business trip to Asia and my iPhone time is showing one hour less (i.e. DSY minus one hour) than it's supposed to be.

I've enabled the "Set automatically" time zone support and it has been working okay before in Europe and in the Far East. Furthermore I've travelled through a few other European countries and in each country it's consistently showing DST -1 hour, regardless of the network provider...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone 4 deleted items | Iphone backups »