New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

iPad question/message boards

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ArtsyAimee

ArtsyAimee is on a distinguished road

I wasn't sure where to put this, since my question doesn't seem to fit into any of the iPad catagories on the board

What would be the reason for an iPad (or Touch, for that matter) not working with a message board? Foe example- I can post to a few message boards that i frequent on my Touch...But when I go to a particular board, the keyboard does NOT appear.

I am looking at an iPad for portability rather than a notebook, cause my most use with my lap top was simply email, web surfing, message board posting. But I NEED to be able to post to my class message boards. I cant on the Touch- do ya think I'll be able to on the iPad?
QUOTE Thanks
ThePope43

ThePope43 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2010 17" MBP |core i7 2.66|4gb ddr3|500gb 7200rpm|snow leopard|

As far as I know from my iPad, whenever you touch into a text-box area, the keyboard always comes up....I don't see any reason why your school message boards would be different.

But, if you're THAT worried about your school message boards working, simply go to an Apple store and get on an iPad and go to your school message boards and see if it works.

Don't forget the +reputation button on the left!
QUOTE Thanks
mcbrew

mcbrew is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2010+ Mac Mini, 2.4 ghz, 8 gigs RAM / iPad (1st gen) 32gb 3G / iPhone4 16gb / iPod Video 30gb

I have found that in some text boxes, you have to touch the upper left corner... where the text would begin.
QUOTE Thanks
IvanLasston

IvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2

I was having a similar issue with this forum and other browsers. Try this suggestion from Bob - one of the Mods - he said to try setting the browser identification to Safari Desktop.
Problem posting with other browsers on the iPad
QUOTE Thanks
ArtsyAimee

The nearest apple store or micro center or best buy is over 2 hrs away- and the ipads at walmart aren't try-able. Ah well, gives me a reason for a road trip, right? LOL
QUOTE Thanks
ArtsyAimee

Went to Verizon last night, and tried the iPad out...When using Safari, I have to click the little html button on the forum, but it worked. The guy said if i download Firefox, i shouldn't have that issue! YAY! I am happy- I REALLY wanted an iPad rather than a laptop.

iMac & iPad, here i come!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iOS Development-Getting tools from Apple | What if: iOS had flash »