New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

app that sends texts without wifi?

Thread Closed

tuner1406

tuner1406 is on a distinguished road

does anyone know if there is an app where you can send texts or call people without having to use wifi or 3g?
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

So... you're looking for an app that can send data without having any access to any kind of network?

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
tuner1406

ya....i didnt know if there was one or if its possible, thats why i asked the question, and thats what forums are for, to ask questions and help other people
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuner1406 View Post
ya....i didnt know if there was one or if its possible, thats why i asked the question, and thats what forums are for, to ask questions and help other people
Yeah, I get it, just wanted to make sure I understand.

No, its not possible. You need a way for the message to get from your device to another, and that means having a network connection of some sort.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
clive12

clive12 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Imac 21.5 Inch 3.06 GHZ 4GB Ram 500 Gig HD, Ipad 32 GB, Iphone 4S 16 GB.

Quote:
does anyone know if there is an app where you can send texts or call people without having to use wifi or 3g?
Is highly unlikely if it has no wifi or 3g how will it transmit the data?

Its like saying "I want to listen to music without any medium to play it on" by putting a cd up to my ear.
tuner1406

ok thanks...i didnt think there was but i just wanted to make sure....theres probably no way to "hack" 3g with an ipod touch is there?....probably a dumb question
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Not sure what you mean by "hack" but you can use a MiFi device to access a 3g network and send texts etc

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
tuner1406

i mean is there any way to use the 3g network without paying for it and with out having iphone....i know about mifi but i dont have any devices that i can use it with
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

This is a weird thread....

Someone wants to send texts with no network connection then want to hack a 3G network with no device...

Quote:
i mean is there any way to use the 3g network without paying for it and with out having iphone....i know about mifi but i dont have any devices that i can use it with
Discussing something like that is a violation of forum policy.

tuner1406

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss View Post
This is a weird thread....

Someone wants to send texts with no network connection then want to hack a 3G network with no device...

Discussing something like that is a violation of forum policy.

ok...sorry i didnt know it was a violation, no one told me, and im not gonna go read the whole policy
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
ok...sorry i didnt know it was a violation, no one told me, and im not gonna go read the whole policy
Perhaps you should read it before posting again as we do not allow any discussion of illegal activities.
tuner1406

im sorry but i am not reading the policy, not everyone wants to go and read a bunch of stuff, i wont talk about it anymore, but i dont see how asking if there is any way to get free 3g is illegal
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

Wow. LerLz. This thread has made my day thus far.
clive12

clive12 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Imac 21.5 Inch 3.06 GHZ 4GB Ram 500 Gig HD, Ipad 32 GB, Iphone 4S 16 GB.

Quote:
im sorry but i am not reading the policy, not everyone wants to go and read a bunch of stuff, i wont talk about it anymore, but i dont see how asking if there is any way to get free 3g is illegal
Its using someones network without their permission or any benefit to them in terms of payment for what you use.
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Quote:
im sorry but i am not reading the policy, not everyone wants to go and read a bunch of stuff
Ok, that's not going to help you. If you "dont wanna read a bunch of stuff" that can potentially help you then you should probably just not bother posting again.

Quote:
i wont talk about it anymore, but i dont see how asking if there is any way to get free 3g is illegal
You said:

Quote:
i mean is there any way to use the 3g network without paying for it and with out having iphone
Which sounded like you meant that you wanted to use a pay service without paying for it. If that's not what you meant, then you need to learn to be more clear when you type things out.

I have heard of no 'free' 3G service out there.

Thread Closed

« Amplitube $20 | Will the Mac App Store sync with Iphone »