New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Apple Gripes

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by omicronkappa278 View Post
Any ideas on some of my issues?
I probably should have added "don't expect many answers" to my last post as well. Just sayin...

QUOTE Thanks
IvanLasston

IvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2

I'm not sure your post belongs in iOS and Apps as most of your gripes are about OSX, not iOS. It may also be the reason you aren't getting a lot of replies.

Quote:
Decided to List Apple Gripes from a Recent Windows Convert (I am a Windows Technician for a University by day, iMac and macbook Pro at home)

-You can Never Convince me that their is a Better way than allowing "Cut" in Finder... Truly annoying.
Agreed. Try Totalfinder or Pathfinder. Feel free to slide me a coupon for totalfinder
TotalFinder brings tabs to your native Finder and more!
Path Finder 5 by Cocoatech
Pathfinder does a lot more and is what I use for day to day file management

Quote:
-iTunes and Authorizing Computers. You can Authorize 5, but you can only "De-authorize All" once a year?!? Annoying...
Yes it is annoying. You can sometimes call in and get them to wipe it for you if you need it for more than once a year but as Bob said, plan ahead and you won't have to use this feature. If you are really loosing that many drives a year then consider running raid 5.

Quote:
-Not an Apple Gripes technically but If you make an iPad App which is available on the iPad/iPhone then it should be one purchase. I bought Amplitube for iPad and the iPhone on looks exactly the same. Just missing the "+" and there is no warning that you are about to spend another $20 by accident. The Amplitube writers are mostly to blame. But Apple's app store does not warn enough.
Although I agree that there should be more warning about buying an app again for a different iOS, there are some apps that have quite a bit more features on an iPad. If you don't agree with a developer then don't spend the money. I personally have found very few apps worthy to buy once for the iphone once for the ipad. iThoughts is one of them - but I am a big mind-mapping fan.

Quote:
-Where is my list of purchased apps anywhere? I am talking about a list of apps I have deleted as well. I know it gives you a list of bought invoices, but not all apps are listed.
Good question. If anyone knows the answer I'd like to know. Also I have apps that are stored on an old drive that ran XP. I had to manually add them back to my new windows 7 install of itunes. Who knows if I got everything.

Quote:
-Full Screen a Window. Really? Not available?
Try right zoom for mac
Download Right Zoom for Mac - Changes the default behavior of the green window zoom button. MacUpdate.com
or snapping with better touch tool - like windows 7 snapping drag the window to the top of the screen.
Downloads BetterTouchTool & SecondBar

Quote:
-The Dock cannot be set to be behind open windows. Minimize is fine, but I would rather see the dock instead of hide it, but the waste of screen space when a window cannot go in front of a dock.

If you can tell me otherwise, much appreciate it.
It is a big waste of screen space so I just hide it. I don't fully understand the frustration of hiding it. If you need it - it will pop in front otherwise it is gone. I put it off to the right side as I find my mouse doesn't wander left and right as much as up and down.

Quote:
Last Gripe: Mac Users

Mac users who answer questions from Windows Users are kinda rude. If I ask how to full screen a window, I get chastised for saying "window" and then I get, "Windows Full screen sucks, and you do not want to do it" That is no answer.

Anyway... enough gripes... Would love help on some of these.
I am a computer user and I have used just about every system out there. They all have their pluses and minuses. For every day computing I like the Mac. *nix power when I need it with an awesome desktop. If you come to a forum and kick the beehive - expect to get stung.
QUOTE Thanks
omicronkappa278

omicronkappa278 is on a distinguished road

This is very helpful... Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« some advice for breaking back into the jail. | iPhone Task/To-Do Manager »