Specs:
    21.5", 4GB RAM, 500 GB hdd 16G wi-fi iPad
    How to set Safari home page.
    Hi all. We just got a new iPad, and I'm not sure how to set our Yahoo! Home page to be the default home page for Safari. I'm not even sure it is possible. Any help is appreciated.

Aaron

Specs:
    2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone 6+
    Not sure it is possible in the traditional sense of a home page with Safari. You could add the bookmark to your home screen. One quick tap and you're right there. That option appears when you rap the bookmark button in Safari. With the current version of the operating system you can even assign several bookmarks to a folder.
    Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
    Can't be done i'm afraid... unless you jailbreak the ipad and mess around with some preferences, but I won't get into that.

- Simon

If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the top right of their post.
    May 2011
    Nominated: March 2011 & April 2011

Specs:
    21.5", 4GB RAM, 500 GB hdd 16G wi-fi iPad
    Yeah, I took slydudes approach. Jail breaking ain't my thing. Thanks for the advice.

Aaron

Specs:
    2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
    You can also download another web browser. Try the Atomic Web Browser. The free version won't let you set the home page but the paid version has that feature listed and it's only $0.99. You can also try out Opera's web browser and see if it has the feature. I haven't used Opera yet but it's completely free so it won't cost you anything to find out.

I really like the Atomic browser even though I've only used the free version. Safari for Apple's mobile devices is way too basic and with limited features for my liking so you might want to try other apps if you run into other limitations.

Specs:
    2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone 6+
    Quote Originally Posted by s&g'sdad View Post
    Yeah, I took slydudes approach. Jail breaking ain't my thing. Thanks for the advice.

Aaron
    Glad that help. With the ability to put those bookmarks in folders just like other apps I think I am going to set up one screen with folders of favorite bookmarks. It will mean two taps to get to a site but pretty organized if you surf a lot on the Pad.

@EndlessMac I've been meaning to try that browser. Went to download it the other dat but I was having connection issues. Time to try again.
    Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling

How to set your Homepage without jailbreaking
    Quote Originally Posted by s&g'sdad View Post
    Hi all. We just got a new iPad, and I'm not sure how to set our Yahoo! Home page to be the default home page for Safari. I'm not even sure it is possible. Any help is appreciated.

Aaron
    The method I have used is a slight mod on the home screen tip. Navigate to the page you want as your homepage, click on the share icon and select as share on home. This will give you a link on one of your screen pages, this is fine but... not exactly what you wanted so drag the safari icon off the dock and replace it with the one you just created. That way when you launch safari from the dock you will in effect get your homepage.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
    Quote Originally Posted by Filmacu View Post
    The method I have used is a slight mod on the home screen tip. Navigate to the page you want as your homepage, click on the share icon and select as share on home. This will give you a link on one of your screen pages, this is fine but... not exactly what you wanted so drag the safari icon off the dock and replace it with the one you just created. That way when you launch safari from the dock you will in effect get your homepage.
    Good suggestion!!

- Simon

If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the top right of their post.
    May 2011
    Nominated: March 2011 & April 2011

I don't think we can set a page as homepage, but you can bookmark your page, and when you open your safari with blank page, your bookmark will jump out.

Thread Information