New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Number of devices with iTUnes

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bastband

bastband is on a distinguished road

I have an iPad and an iPod touch running on my pc. My mother in law would like an iPad, can I sync it on mine? Or will I have too many devices attached?
Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Hello and welcome to M-F

In short you can have as many devices connected to your iTunes as you want .. . . . .

I have MBP, iPod Touch on mine and i have my sons iPod Touch on mine as well

Cheers

EDIT : How to use multiple iPods, iPads, or iPhones with one computer ~ Apple Support

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Don't know what the limit happens to be (or if there even is one). I currently sync 2 iPhones, iPod Nano, and iPad with a single user account.

It can get kind of confusing when you have multiple devices that sync apps (and you have a ton of them) and you want different apps syncing with each device.

If she's got her own computer, that really would be the best way to go.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
bastband

No, she does not have her own pc. All she really wants to do is google information and email, she is 85 by the way. I wanted to make it as simple as possible for her.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Didn't want to make an "assumption" of where she lives. Unless there is a wifi network set up in her house, there will be no googling or email without purchasing the 3G iPad and subscribing to a monthly 3G access fee.

QUOTE Thanks
bastband

She is in sheltered accommodation,but I will be getting broadband/wireless access via phone provider.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

10-4 Sounds pretty cool.

Verizon's mifi device would work also, though it'd require having another device plugged into the iPad. Might compare that to the AT&T 3G service.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How to check gift app? | iPad as keyboard for Imac »