New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

File Manager App?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Nighthawk4

Nighthawk4 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad 32GB 3G, iPhone 16GB 3G

I have images in 'Saved Photos' which I would like to sync with my Mac. As far as I can tell, they do not get copied over during a sync. They might be included in the Backup but still only seem to be accessible on the iPad.

Is there any way to move them to one of the other photo albums on the iPad, or to copy them to the Mac, other than by emailing them to myself please?

Maybe some sort of File Manager App? I suppose PadSync might do it, but I find it hard to identify the files in that
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Open up iPhoto. It should import everything in Saved Photos. The only thing I've had there are screen shots and it imports all of those. Picasa also works. Have been told Image Capture works.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Nighthawk4

Thanks yet again Bob.

I didn't have that on the Mac since it didn't come with Snow Leopard, but I copied it across from a backup of a Leopard partition and it works fine. Nice editing features too - the easiest I have found.

Where do the images get stored? I can only find a link to the iPhoto Library in my Pictures folder.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Yeah, iPhoto and Aperture both use a data base (that iPhoto Library you see) for storing pics. Which means you don't have direct access to them through the Finder. You need to open the app and not mess with the iPhoto Library directly. You can open that Library in Finder for browsing, but I advise you don't as you take a chance on screwing up the data base and messing the whole thing up.

It's not bad for a lot of folks. Sort of like iTunes, iPhoto takes care of all the behind the scenes stuff - where they are stored, folder structure, etc.. so you don't have to worry about that side and just deal direct with your pictures.

If you're just getting into pictures and like the older iPhoto, the new iLife suite could well be worth the $49 asking price.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Nighthawk4

It seems this is 45 in the UK.

It might still be worthwhile, even with Apple's crazy exchange rate

Wonder if it is downloadable?

Edit - I suspect it might be after the new App Store opens on 6th January or thereabouts, which ironically is 2 days after I return to work from my holidays
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Undo jailbreak and preserve game save data | Mute switch? »