New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

MobileMe - Duplicate Entries All Over The Place

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

billwill

billwill is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 8 GB 13" MacBook Pro, 64GB WiFi/4G iPad, 32GB iPhone 5

I love MobileMe but I'm becoming very tired of it making one and sometimes two duplicates of items on my calendar, i.e. I enter ONE entry and after Mobile Me syncs, there are THREE of them. Is anyone else having this problem? It's not worth having MobileMe if I have to go in and delete duplicates all over my calendar. Is there a way to search for duplicates in iCal? This is driving me nuts. I will appreciate any suggestions, etc. Thanks in advance for your help.

"Laughter is an instant vacation"
- Milton Berle
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

We probably need a bit more detail. Particularly about the devices affected. This will happen with the iPhone for example if iTunes is set to sync with MobileMe and pull a calendar from your Mac during synching.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
billwill

billwill is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 8 GB 13" MacBook Pro, 64GB WiFi/4G iPad, 32GB iPhone 5

I don't know what has happened... when I go to iCal on my MacBook Pro, in the left column I see about 30 calendars! Why do I have so many? I only want to have ONE! How can I consolidate all those calendars into just one, and delete the rest? Thank you for any help you can offer me.

"Laughter is an instant vacation"
- Milton Berle
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Not sure what is causing that but take a look at this hint for combining multiple iCal calendars. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds like it might do the trick.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Chances are that the problem is rooted in your accidentally telling MM to sync BOTH the local "on my Mac" calendar AND the copy on MM's servers.

When you open iCal, on the far left you'll see at least two "categories" of calendars: ON MY MAC and (your MM email address). Click the disclosure triangle to open them up. UNCHECK all the calendars under ONE or the OTHER of these categories. That should remove some of the duplicates.

Now go into iTunes and/or your iPhone/Touch (if you have one) and have it sync with ONLY the "category" you chose. That should clear up more if not all of the duplicates.
QUOTE Thanks
GeoffreyS

GeoffreyS is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4ghz / Lion; MBPro 2009; iPhone 4S; iPad 2

I'm guessing that the Notes app is subject to a similar arrangement, but can't see how to fix it. First I had double, triple & quadruple duplicates of Notes in Mail; then they all disappeared from my iPhone; subsequent new Notes on the iPhone aren't appearing anywhere else. I've stopped automatic syncing until I can be sure that I won't lose either collection.
Is there a decent Apple support article that explains - in detail - how Notes uses mail accounts to sync?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 4.2 on 3GS - Am I missing something? | Any reason to upgrade iPod touch 2 to iOS 4.2 »