Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   iOS and Apps (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ios-apps/)
-   -   4.2.1 is being released in a couple hours (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ios-apps/221033-4-2-1-being-released-couple-hours.html)

brairden 11-22-2010 11:28 AM

4.2.1 is being released in a couple hours

iOS 4.2.1 will be released to the general public at 10 a.m. PST today. The wait is over. If you were waiting on Airprint, and you don't have an HP eprint compatible printer.....you will be mighty disappointed.

Kash 11-22-2010 11:38 AM

Nevermind, found a source:

http://www.macrumors.com/2010/11/22/...hone-now-free/

Finally, multitasking and folder on my iPad!!! Oh, and getting Find My Phone for free is pretty awesome too :)

iWhat 11-22-2010 12:14 PM

I think this is more exciting than New Year's Eve.

TattooedMac 11-22-2010 01:31 PM

Got it .... Hmmmm i lost my phone. Hang on ill go find my phone with the new feature :) lol

Then ill start streaming to my ATV2 I knew i bought it for a reason
This is GOOD news

iWhat 11-22-2010 02:58 PM

I love being able to have live streams playing in the background while browsing the Internet. I'm disappointed the NPR app doesn't support multitasking though, or any other streaming audio apps for that matter.

schweb 11-22-2010 03:08 PM

I've moved your post to a more proper forum; please be sure to check the forum descriptions in the future to find the best place to post.

By posting in the right forum you help people not only find your question faster, but it helps others looking for the same information in the future.

Thanks for understanding!

tdietz87 11-22-2010 03:57 PM

I think the find your iphone feature for free is awesome! :)

MYmacROX 11-22-2010 05:00 PM

Installed on my iPad and almost done on my iPhone.
Trying to get AirPrint set up on my iPad at the moment. Currently my printer is wired to my router and is shared over my network that way (not technically "wireless" printing). So, I'm thinking I might have to unplug my printer from the router and change the settings to wireless. This is supported but I've never gone this route before as I heard it was complicated (Canon Pixma MP620)and didn't have a very high success rate - especially with Mac users.
Hmm...

VonStoven 11-22-2010 05:54 PM

For some reason, the magnifying glass for positioning the cursor in a block of text has gotten foggy after the update.

tiger roach 11-23-2010 08:27 AM

Oh good! The icon for the Voice Memo app is far, far uglier now.

</obligatory minor complaint>

bobtomay 11-23-2010 08:37 AM

Just went to try the Find My iPhone app - told me I had to upgrade to use it - already...

At least now I'm down to 2 screens instead of 6 for my apps.

Safari now shows how many pages you have open.

Riwen 11-23-2010 08:59 AM

Apparently iPhone 3GS and older devices are "not qualified" for free MobileMe (Find my iPhone) service. Thanks, apple.

bobtomay 11-23-2010 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riwen (Post 1143813)
Apparently iPhone 3GS and older devices are "not qualified" for free MobileMe (Find my iPhone) service. Thanks, apple.

I would suggest you check again because it's here and working quite well on my 3GS.

edit:
Sorry, after thinking about it, guess I should qualify that as I have a paid mobileme account.
So, I don't have a clue as of yet as to whether it will work without a paid account or not.

Currently, my iPad can find and send a signal to my 3GS, but my 3GS cannot find and send a signal to my iPad.

Riwen 11-23-2010 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobtomay (Post 1143815)
I would suggest you check again because it's here and working quite well on my 3GS.

edit:
Sorry, after thinking about it, guess I should qualify that as I have a paid mobileme account.

Yep, probably. However, I found this: How to get free Find my iPhone on iPhone 3GS and other unsupported devices | TiPb

I just need to find someone with an iPhone 4.

bobtomay 11-23-2010 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riwen (Post 1143825)
Yep, probably. However, I found this: How to get free Find my iPhone on iPhone 3GS and other unsupported devices | TiPb

I just need to find someone with an iPhone 4.

And I ran it on my iPad first also.