i bricked my iphon 3gs, need help
    I replaced the rear housing on my iphone with one that didn't fit properly and wasnt able to use the power button, so i tried to jailbreak the phone so i could install a power down app, but during the jailbreak, it told me to reset the phone, which i couldnt do (because of the power button issue), so i reinstalled the backup software. I think this confused it, and for the next 2 days, it kept shutting down by itself and then finally, i tried to restore the software again, and now it wont turn on. Does anyone have any suggestions? If you know of a thread i can read, i'd be happy to. Thanks.

You probably should gain access to the power button first if you haven't already. Try holding down the home button whilst connecting it to iTunes, this should force a reset of the device, hopefully this may work.

Unfortunately however, usually when something is bricked, it is about as useful as a brick.

Try the above method and good luck.

whendoon CLIMATE
    Thanks, i think it might also be because all the screws are not holding tightly in the case, so the battery connection isnt good. i ordered a new oem case from ebay, so i'll let you know how it goes. Does anyone know if there's anyway to get the jailbreak into the second mode (where it says to hold the power button and home button to reboot?)

Thread Information