New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

iPhone SMS,contacts and photo back up question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lised

lised is on a distinguished road

I am trying to get my SMS,contacts and pictures on my iPhone to be put either onto my computer or onto iTunes and I don't know how to do this.
Any help or advice would be greatly received.
Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
clive12

clive12 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Imac 21.5 Inch 3.06 GHZ 4GB Ram 500 Gig HD, Ipad 32 GB, Iphone 4S 16 GB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lised View Post
I am trying to get my SMS,contacts and pictures on my iPhone to be put either onto my computer or onto iTunes and I don't know how to do this.
Thanks in advance.
When you backup via itunes it should save everything on your phone (unless there are certain features you have disabled)

If you lose your phone/information simply restore from the backup on the new phone and it will put everything back on it.

Check out Phonecopy from efractals. Its a nice free app for backing up your phone contacts to an external website.
QUOTE Thanks
Buzzard2010

Buzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 21.5" i3 500gb HDD 4gb RAM OSX 10.9.2 - iPhone 5s 16gb

Welcome to Mac-Forums

As clive12 says backing up will take everything from your phone and create a back-up on your computer that you can then restore to later if needed.
If however you mean that you want to take your pics, sms and contacts off to use with something else, well...
When plugging your iphone into your computer iphoto or other photo software should open so you can get all the pictures you've taken with the iphone and place them onto your computer.
There is free software for copying your contacts and SMSs onto your computer, just google it.
Hope this helps.

- Simon

If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the bottom of the users profile.
May 2011
Nominated: March 2011 & April 2011
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Thread moved. What does this thread have to do with Windows? Please read forum descriptions prior to posting.
QUOTE Thanks
lised

lised is on a distinguished road

Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
Zurfyvision

Zurfyvision is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac C2D 21.5" 3.06 Ghz 1TB HDD, iPhone 4, iPad 16gb Wi-Fi, ATV2, Macbook Air i5 11" (Mid 2011)

What kind of computer do you have?
<---Please include your computer specs in your profile.

Contacts and Pictures:

For Mac, set iTunes to sync your contacts with Contacts. iPhoto should automatically be coming up for your pictures, you will just have to tell it to import them.

For PC (Windows 7), set iTunes to sync your contacts with Windows contacts. When you plug your phone in, a screen should come up for Autoplay. There is an option on there to import your pictures. Go hear for more info: Transfer iPhone pictures to PC

SMS

SMS messages are automatically backed up when you sync your phone with iTunes. It is a matter of being able to read it. I would go here: How to access and read your SMS iPhone backup.

I hope this helps and welcome to the forum.
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Why did you cross post this question?

iPhone SMS,contacts and photo back up question

QUOTE Thanks
bflywing

bflywing is on a distinguished road

Any help or advice would be greatly received
Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Note: Merged duplicate thread. Don't copy and paste someone else's thread and start a new one.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Jailbreak/Unlock for iPhone 3GS 4.1 | Movie Database--iPod touch »