New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

App installed without knowledge?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MrMopple

MrMopple is on a distinguished road

I've just come to use my iPhone 4 to find that an App - McDonalds Restaurant Finder - has been installed without me doing so. I updated a few Apps earlier but haven't touched the phone since, and it hasn't been in anyone else's hands either. Does anyone know what could have caused this?
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Well, one bit of good news ... at least we now know the Burger King hasn't been lurking at your place ...

But seriously: apps REQUIRE your iTunes password to be installed, so the answer is it HAS been in someone else's hands, or you installed it by accident, or you were sleepwalking/drunk/hypnotised.
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

It was probably
1) installed on your computer and when you synced your iPhone all apps were synced, so it was added without your realizing it

2) downloaded on some other iOS device, then synced with your computer which added it to the computer, then added to your iPhone without realizing it when you synced it

Those are my guesses...

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
Buzzard2010

Buzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 21.5" i3 500gb HDD 4gb RAM OSX 10.9.2 - iPhone 5s 16gb

You can get the app from the wireless net at the actual McDonalds, but like chas m says it still requires your iTunes account password

- Simon

If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the bottom of the users profile.
May 2011
Nominated: March 2011 & April 2011
QUOTE Thanks
MrMopple

MrMopple is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the response on this. I'm perplexed as to how this was installed. I haven't synced to my Mac for a while and I know I didn't install it. Very strange.
QUOTE Thanks
1991-C4

1991-C4 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2 iPod Touches and iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
But seriously: apps REQUIRE your iTunes password to be installed....
Unless you install another app within a short time after installing another one, like within 15 minutes or so. So the last time you were at Mickey D's, did you install an app, leave your iPhone on the table while you refilled your soda or got more catsup for your fries???
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Anyone ever get this | Unable to purchase 'Whatsapp' on iPhone 4 »