New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

FaceTime gone

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jam2000

jam2000 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Air OS X 10.7 1.7 Intel Core i5 4GB, MacMini mid-2011

For some reason my icon for FaceTime is not on my iPhone4, I've had the phone for a few months and never used FaceTime. Restrictions are disabled.

Any help?
Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
True Bassist

True Bassist is a jewel in the roughTrue Bassist is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M

You don't have a FaceTime icon on the iPhone 4 - you just start calls using FaceTime or enable FaceTime once within a call. It is on the iPod Touch that you have a FaceTime icon.
QUOTE Thanks
jam2000

jam2000 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Air OS X 10.7 1.7 Intel Core i5 4GB, MacMini mid-2011

Thank you - I was wondering what was wrong.

If the other person has an ipod (not iphone), would they need to call me first so my iphone knows how to call that ipod (since there is no phone number)?
QUOTE Thanks
New MBP User

New MBP User will become famous soon enough

I think the other person who is using an iPod touch will be receiving and making FaceTime calls via their email address. That is how it works over my Macbook Pro.

You need to have their email address stored to your iPhone then select the email address and select make FaceTime call.

I am 99% sure this is how it will work on the iTouch.

Anyone else, please correct me if I am wrong.
QUOTE Thanks
Buzzard2010

Buzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb

Quote:
Originally Posted by New MBP User View Post
I think the other person who is using an iPod touch will be receiving and making FaceTime calls via their email address. That is how it works over my Macbook Pro.

You need to have their email address stored to your iPhone then select the email address and select make FaceTime call.

I am 99% sure this is how it will work on the iTouch.

Anyone else, please correct me if I am wrong.
Pretty sure thats how its done

- Simon

If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the top right of their post.
May 2011
Nominated: March 2011 & April 2011
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone 3G - "OTHER" Capacity/memory | Best Alarm Clock App »