New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Strange things happening on my iPhone 4.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Thekris1234

Thekris1234 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 13" Standard Spec. iPhone 4 16GB

Well over the last couple of days I've noticed a few strange things happening.

First off, App Icons.

I noticed that when I swiped the screen from left to right and vice versa apps would lose their icons. As you can see in the pictures they get replaced by black orbs. Are there ghosts in my phone? lol. It also happened to some of the folders. The folder icons that were normally full of app icons suddenly disappeared. But when I swiped back and forth a few times the icons would come back.

Another thing that happens occasionally is when I get a call the slider won't let me slide it all the way across. I get halfway and it lets go meaning that I can't answer the call.

Third on my list is more recent. The scenario is:
Someone text me. I replied and the phone came up with the page showing my balance and dismiss sign. Whilst that page was up the same person tried to ring me. The phone vibrated but no screen came up to answer it. I clicked dismiss on the balance screen but it took me to my home screen. I tried putting the phone to sleep and waking it up whilst it was still vibrating but the call wasn't there. In the end it stopped and I got the little 1 on the phone icon to say I had missed a call.

Later on that day I put my phone onto sleep. It vibrated for about two seconds and then carried on vibrating like someone was ringing me but no screen came up. I looked around the phone and nothing was happening. In the end I had to do a hard reset (I think it is that hard reset - Holding power and home button) to make it stop. When it came back no one had rung me.

Normally I love my iPhone and wouldn't want any other but its like there is a ghost in it, quoting the dr from I,Robot "There have always been ghosts in a machine" but these ones are starting to play up.

Anyone else had any problems like this. Anyone got any solutions APART from resetting the whole phone and restoring from a backup?

Look forward to the answers......
Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_0379.PNG (927.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0381.jpg (98.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: png IMG_0377.PNG (1,008.0 KB, 13 views)
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Your best is restoring it and starting again.

Is the phone jailbroken by chance?

QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

bargsbeer is a jewel in the roughbargsbeer is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

It doesn't appear to be jailbroken.

btw Nice wallpaper.
QUOTE Thanks
Buzzard2010

Buzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 21.5" i3 500gb HDD 4gb RAM OSX 10.9.2 - iPhone 5s 16gb

I agree with baggss, sounds like the ipsw is probably a little corrupt, back it up using itunes then use the restore function

If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the bottom of the users profile.
May 2011
Nominated: March 2011 & April 2011
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone App Development | Will I loose the application I download with the format? »