Will I loose the application I download with the format?
    The tittle says it all, will I loose the application I paid for if I format my iPhone 3G, knowing that I downloaded the application from iTunes and not from the cellphone itself.

Would like your intake on that.
    Thanks

Specs:
    15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5
    If the application is on your computer, no. In fact, even if you download the application to your phone directly, and sync regularly, you'll always retain whatever is synced to your computer.

One other thing - if you re-download a paid-for app, although the app store will tell you the price, you won't actually pay for it a second time. This is useful if you want anyone else to have the app who shares your account, like your wife/husband, children whatever.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
    - Joan D. Vinge

Quote Originally Posted by Zoolook View Post
    If the application is on your computer, no. In fact, even if you download the application to your phone directly, and sync regularly, you'll always retain whatever is synced to your computer.

One other thing - if you re-download a paid-for app, although the app store will tell you the price, you won't actually pay for it a second time. This is useful if you want anyone else to have the app who shares your account, like your wife/husband, children whatever.

Thanks for your reply,
    I synchronized all the files and applications and now they are present on my mac.

Cyril

I have questions about this issue too, please help. I'm using Iphone 3G and Imac. I bought many paid applications. They're on Itunes in my computer. If I format my Imac and Iphone, am I be able to re-download them to my account without paying again? I like to format my computer and Iphone often for speed up. So what can I do to pay once and use my applications after formats? Is there a way to back up all applications forever?

By the way, can I use same applications for both Iphone and Ipad without buying it twice?

Specs:
    15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepless87 View Post
    I have questions about this issue too, please help. I'm using Iphone 3G and Imac. I bought many paid applications. They're on Itunes in my computer. If I format my Imac and Iphone, am I be able to re-download them to my account without paying again? I like to format my computer and Iphone often for speed up. So what can I do to pay once and use my applications after formats? Is there a way to back up all applications forever?

By the way, can I use same applications for both Iphone and Ipad without buying it twice?
    Yes, this works for applications, although not for music or videos. However, formatting your HDD to a performance boost is a hangover from Windows 95/98 and really isn't necessary for OS X at all. What's more important is that OS X is able to run its maintenance scripts.

You can force run these buy going to the terminal and typing

sudo periodic daily weekly monthly

and press enter. You'll be prompted for your password and the scripts will run - they usually take about 2 mins, depending on your circumstances.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
    - Joan D. Vinge

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Glad everything worked out for you.

PS. "Loose" and "lose" are two different words. Depending on one's accent, they may sound the same, but they are not. The word you really wanted was "lose."

Thread Information