New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Help needed

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ffidrac

ffidrac is an unknown at this point

Hi
I am looking for some-one willing to create an iphone app - is there anyone who make apps on request or do you know of some-one?
thanks in advance
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffidrac View Post
Hi
I am looking for some-one willing to create an iphone app - is there anyone who make apps on request or do you know of some-one?
thanks in advance
Of course you need help so does 99% of other folks who post here on Mac-forums. How about a more creative/descriptive/specific title for your question???

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
ffidrac

and what's your problem???? there is no need to be rude, I thought forums were a helpful friendly place - obviously go that wrong
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
and what's your problem???? there is no need to be rude
You're actually the one being rude...since if you read the Mac-Forums thread regarding "Forum Courtesy":

Forum Courtesy

...you would see that non-descritive thread titles (like yours)...are not appreciated!!!

If everyone posting a thread used the Title "Help Needed"...as you did...how would anyone be able to tell the difference from one thread to another!

- Nick

p.s. Mac-Forums is a friendly & very helpful place. But that goes both ways. Your post was rude (inappropriate title)...so in a way...you introduced yourself in a rude manner!

- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
QUOTE Thanks
ffidrac

well the first forum I joined and if this is the attitude I get I won't be hanging around. I believe that this forum is probably helpful and friendly - it's just a shame I had to run into you on my first post, thanks for making this place so memorable (for all the wrong reasons).
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Mac Forums is a place to ask questions and get answers about using Apple products..there is a programming section here but that's not heavily used, but what M-F is not is a job solicitation place..there are places like iPhone App Developers | iPhone Developer | Application Development Companies that are for that..

Now Nick's response might not have come off the right way..but the gist of what he's saying is accurate..we get a LOT of posts on these forums and using descriptive titles helps others search for issues and resolutions that were suggested..If we only have posts with generic titles of "Help!" it doesn't help anyone..

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz0rEdge View Post
Now Nick's response might not have come off the right way..but the gist of what he's saying is accurate..we get a LOT of posts on these forums and using descriptive titles helps others search for issues and resolutions that were suggested..If we only have posts with generic titles of "Help!" it doesn't help anyone..

Regards
Exactly where I was coming from & thinking! We get so many threads titled like this...when the Forum Courtesy rules specifically spell out situations like this are not appreciated.

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
well the first forum I joined and if this is the attitude I get I won't be hanging around. I believe that this forum is probably helpful and friendly - it's just a shame I had to run into you on my first post, thanks for making this place so memorable (for all the wrong reasons).
I would suggest hanging around a bit longer...and reading through the "Stickies" in each sub-forum so you get a better idea of how Mac-Forums works.

I might also add...that many questions on Mac-Forums go unanswered. Not necessarily because no one wants to...but either because:

- no-one knows the answer
- sometimes members skip questions with the title..."Help", "Help needed", "I have a question" (just like yours)
- and in this particular case...you want someone to write an iPhone app...which no one here may be interested in, or knows of anyone that's interested.

So in reality...your question may have gone unanswered & received no replies whatsoever! So I was actually being helpful...by replying & mentioning the rules about Forum Courtesy.

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
ffidrac

ok - perhaps we got off on the wrong foot. i might not have followed forum "protocol" with my post for which I apologise, but your reply was a little unnecessarily "to the point" shall we say. It's not something that a new person to forums needs
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
ok - perhaps we got off on the wrong foot. i might not have followed forum "protocol" with my post for which I apologise, but your reply was a little unnecessarily "to the point" shall we say. It's not something that a new person to forums needs
Yes I'm sure I could have worded things a bit better! Each day I try to help as many folks as possible...and so I may have been in a bit of a hurry when responding to your initial post...or because of the forum rules...I saw your generic "Help needed" title...and got a little "peeved".

If you hang around Mac-Forums long enough...you will start to see too many thread titles like this..."Help", "Help needed", "I have a question"...and then you will understand better.

Have a great day,

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I need a better alarm clock app: recommendations? | A Question about RSS Readers »