New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Iphone wont show up on iTunes

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 3

I don't know what is up with this problem, but my iphone wont show up on itunes. It shows up instantly on iphoto, but not on itunes. I tried resetting the smc, mbp, and iphone, with no avail. Anyone have some advice? I need to sync it asap!

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold

all my ipods sync perfectly...

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Assuming it's not low on power - Try the following:

restart the phone

restart the computer

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
Assuming it's not low on power - Try the following:

restart the phone

restart the computer
Tried that, as you can tell from my first post. Battery is at 100%, and shows the charging symbol when connected to the mbp, but does not show up on itunes. It's not jailbroken. It was working fine just 2 days ago when I synced a couple of songs. Genius bar appointment?

QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

The next option per Apple is to reinstall iTunes. Wouldn't think that would do it since your iPods are syncing, but who knows.

The apple kb says to reinstall and if that doesn't work, drag the existing copy to the trash and reinstall again.

After that, they're basically saying, yep, take it to the experts.

QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

just got out of class and made an appointment with the geniuses. I hope it's nothing serious.

QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

Got it! Turned out to be a corrupt itunes file for the iphone. Those geniuses...worth every penny!

QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

So, it was something corrupt on the phone or on your Mac?

And how did they fix it?

QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

It was caused by a corrupt file transfer from the iphone4 to the mac from the last time I synced it. He said that it is a problem showing up a lot since the last iphone OS update, and that they already had a couple of the same exact problem since Sunday! It was a quick fix that just required the deletion of the itunes program(while keeping all the libraries), and reinstalling it. It wasn't a problem with itunes though, just a file that can only be deleted by getting rid of itunes, which is why it let my other ipods work just fine.

My original appointment was for the iphone, but I had to make a second appointment for my macbook pro. I thought they were going to charge me something because it has been 17 months since I bought it.
Good people there at Legacy Village!

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone log app? | What's a good free class schedule builder app? »