Specs:
    4.1 Mac Pro. 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. PM G5. iPhone 6S+ 64gb Gold. Apple Watch 42mm.
    Iphone wont show up on iTunes
    I don't know what is up with this problem, but my iphone wont show up on itunes. It shows up instantly on iphoto, but not on itunes. I tried resetting the smc, mbp, and iphone, with no avail. Anyone have some advice? I need to sync it asap!
    “If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius

Specs:
    4.1 Mac Pro. 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. PM G5. iPhone 6S+ 64gb Gold. Apple Watch 42mm.
    all my ipods sync perfectly...
    “If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    Assuming it's not low on power - Try the following:

restart the phone

restart the computer
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
    Assuming it's not low on power - Try the following:

restart the phone

restart the computer
    Tried that, as you can tell from my first post. Battery is at 100%, and shows the charging symbol when connected to the mbp, but does not show up on itunes. It's not jailbroken. It was working fine just 2 days ago when I synced a couple of songs. Genius bar appointment?

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    The next option per Apple is to reinstall iTunes. Wouldn't think that would do it since your iPods are syncing, but who knows.

The apple kb says to reinstall and if that doesn't work, drag the existing copy to the trash and reinstall again.

After that, they're basically saying, yep, take it to the experts.

Specs:
    just got out of class and made an appointment with the geniuses. I hope it's nothing serious.

Specs:
    Got it! Turned out to be a corrupt itunes file for the iphone. Those geniuses...worth every penny!

Specs:
    So, it was something corrupt on the phone or on your Mac?

And how did they fix it?

Specs:
    It was caused by a corrupt file transfer from the iphone4 to the mac from the last time I synced it. He said that it is a problem showing up a lot since the last iphone OS update, and that they already had a couple of the same exact problem since Sunday! It was a quick fix that just required the deletion of the itunes program(while keeping all the libraries), and reinstalling it. It wasn't a problem with itunes though, just a file that can only be deleted by getting rid of itunes, which is why it let my other ipods work just fine.

My original appointment was for the iphone, but I had to make a second appointment for my macbook pro. I thought they were going to charge me something because it has been 17 months since I bought it.
    Good people there at Legacy Village!

Thread Information