15" MBP i5 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD 7200 + iPhone 4 32GB iOS4.1
    Jailbreaking now legal in USA
    Since I'm on my iPhone and can't really see every thread easily as if I was on my Mac, I'm not sure if it's already been covered..

Jailbreaking Now Legal?

So now that jailbreaking and carrier unlocking is LEGAL in the USA, can we discuss jailbreaking and unlocking here on the forums.. It is legal after all. Ofcourse threads about illegal stuff like downloading pirated apps should be banned but the legal stuff should be allowed...

Also now that's its legal to jailbreak, you can enable FaceTime over 3G =]

Tigers love pepper... they hate cinnamon

17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
    Yes this has already been covered. And Mac-Forums already published it's statement regarding this issue and it feels towards it. I can't find the links now but someone will I'm sure.

2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    At least 3 or 4 various threads created on this subject in different sections of these forums.
    Here's the link the8thark was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by benparko View Post
    So now that jailbreaking and carrier unlocking is LEGAL in the USA, can we discuss jailbreaking and unlocking here on the forums..
    And FWIW, unlocking had nothing to do with the recent ruling on jailbreaking. I don't remember if discussion of unlocking is allowed on here, but this news doesn't have any effect on whatever the Mac-Forums' stance is/was on unlocking.
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

Cleveland, Ohio
    MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
    moved and

Please be sure to search first, you'll find valuable information already on the forum by using our search function: - Search Forums

The Community Guidelines state:

Post appropriately.
    Search first, post things in the right place, use descriptive thread titles, and don't crosspost. Those things will help get you more timely responses and help keep our community nice and tidy.
    Thanks for understanding!
    schweb | community leader
    flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

Thread Information