New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

iPhone 4 Jailbreak released.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

roeiboot

roeiboot will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MB061LL/B & iPhone4

Called Jailbreakme and all web based.

Apple blogz Blog Archive The wait is over: #Jailbreak released!! #Jailbreakme

~rb
iPhone 4 /16GB MacBook3,1 iPad my blog
QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

bargsbeer is a jewel in the roughbargsbeer is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

I did it, took about 2 minutes, easiest Jailbreak yet.
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 3

Trying it as I type this. It really was the easiest JB. Just gotta find mywi now...

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
roeiboot

roeiboot will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MB061LL/B & iPhone4

no problems ?

still considering it but not a whole lot of reason to do it :} used to exclusively use JB iDevices, but this 4 is pretty great even without..

~rb
iPhone 4 /16GB MacBook3,1 iPad my blog
QUOTE Thanks
mrloofer

mrloofer is on a distinguished road

One good reason to JB: Facetime works over 3G!!
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrloofer View Post
One good reason to JB: Facetime works over 3G!!
?? Where did you get this info from? This specific JB actually stops facetime from working! The rest of the apps seem to work with the 3g fooling app. I'm sure they will fix this soon...even though the only time I actually used facetime was when I tested it out with friends...
Still...MyWi=only reason I JB! I don't want to hinder the performance by loading it with "JUNK," especially when the current iOS on the iPhone4 is perfect, imo at least.

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
mrloofer

mrloofer is on a distinguished road

Jailbreakme issued an update today that fixed Facetime and MMS. If you ran it before they did this (like last night) then you can fix it by going to sources in Cydia and adding iphonedelivery.advinux.com and install it. Once done reboot your phone and go back into your phone settings and turn Facetime back on.

On top of that, Rock Your Phone released an update this morning to My3G which now supports Facetime. I just updated mine and can confirm it works.

From Rock Your Phone's Twitter feed:

Facetime over 3G - Now available via My3G!!! Screenshot @ http://bit.ly/bpRPjN -- Details at http://bit.ly/bt5Dwx. Please RT!
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

Oh, that's cool. I actually JBed it this morning. Never tried My3G. Is it better than MyWi? MyWi lets me run the tether at 1.2mbs, which also allows the 360 to work!
It seems that a lot of repos/apps are compatible yet...bummer.

EDIT: Never mind, was confusing my3g with another tethering app...

QUOTE Thanks
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

Verizon or Tmobile had better move fast.. Oh poor ATT's networks ! Now that Jailbreaking is "legal", everyone whom wanted to but was afraid, is now going to want to do it for app functionality via 3G where it wasn't available before.

What I'm curious about, is whether or not app devs will update their apps in order that they run on all OS versions and not just the likes of 3.1 or 4.0 etc.. I'm still on 3.0 and a lot of apps can't be installed because I would have to update the OS. I guess now is going to be my window of opportunity to upgrade and not be penalized anymore. I wonder how many other people were in my boat ? I did it so that I wouldn't lose my unlock since I'm over seas.

Doug
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug b View Post
app functionality via 3G where it wasn't available before.
Doug
It has always been available. Unless you were talking about the people who had updated their 3.0 or later OS's.
I remember reading somewhere that the MyWi app, which lets you tether your iphone and turn it into a wifi hotspot, actually had a higher revenue than 98% of all the apps in the app store! That's a whole lot of people! Although, the price of it jumped from 10 to 20 bucks.

QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

Mac Specs: 15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

Facetime over 3G, MyWi, five icon dock are top 3 reasons for jailbreaking rightnow.

I know they raised the price of MyWi but it's still worth the one time fee.
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

So, I restored my iphone back because the facetime didn't work, and was told that reinstalling the current version would fix it. One problem...when I go to the JB site on my iphone, it says: "Oops... A server with the specified hostname could not be found."
What's up??

QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinorbarsaku View Post
So, I restored my iphone back because the facetime didn't work, and was told that reinstalling the current version would fix it. One problem...when I go to the JB site on my iphone, it says: "Oops... A server with the specified hostname could not be found."
What's up??
I had the same problem, I had to keep retrying after a few tries it worked. Last night when it was released there were so many people on it crashed the site for at least an hour.

right now my Facetime works perfect. everything is fully functional. I'm gonna buy MyWi now.
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

Your top 3 are literally my top 3 also! "After a few..." Do you mean pressing Retry non stop, or waiting and retrying? Spamming the button isn't workin....

QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

I had to reboot my phone and reset network settings a couple of times and it worked.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Missing events on synchronizing with exchange | Can't get Mobile Terminal to run on my iP4. »