1st gen iPod Touch upgrade
    Hello,

I have a very basic question. I searched the forums but could not find the exact answer I was looking for. Is it possible to upgrade my 1st gen iPod touch from iOS 1 to iOS 3 (or even just 2)?

I dropped my 3rd gen ipod touch in a lake (stupid, I know), and decided to pull out my old one. I would like the upgrade though so I can use some of the newer apps. I don't mind paying if that's what I have to do but when I try to plug it into my macbook and sync it, there is no notice that pops up saying I have an available update. Anyone know what I can do? Thanks very much

Specs:
    iPod Touch, MacBook Pro 15" i5
    Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by jlew View Post
    Hello,

I have a very basic question. I searched the forums but could not find the exact answer I was looking for. Is it possible to upgrade my 1st gen iPod touch from iOS 1 to iOS 3 (or even just 2)?

I dropped my 3rd gen ipod touch in a lake (stupid, I know), and decided to pull out my old one. I would like the upgrade though so I can use some of the newer apps. I don't mind paying if that's what I have to do but when I try to plug it into my macbook and sync it, there is no notice that pops up saying I have an available update.much
    I understand but I think the only way to do tht is to get jailbroken, which I really hate to recommend but seems the only option.... or just get another one on the the warrenty.. but if ths run out the jailbraking is the only option i see... or maybe you can check in iTunes for a download, if u sync it the click on ur device then

Question.. How did u drop in a lake
    Missy D xxx

Specs:
    2 iPod Touches and iPad
    I also have my original 1st gen iPod Touch and the highest it will go is iOS 3.1.3 so obviously there was a lot more to the version change than an internal speaker and external volume control.

Thread Information