Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   iOS and Apps (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ios-apps/)
-   -   iOS3 update for iPad? (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ios-apps/208478-ios3-update-ipad.html)

Nighthawk4 07-16-2010 12:28 PM

iOS3 update for iPad?

So after the update to iOS4 on my iPhone3G completely MY LITTLE PONY my iPhone I am a little more wary now.

Anyone tried the iPad update yet please? Is it safe to use? Does it work?

I do get my WiFi connection drop for no reason and my Video Player lock up, both of which are supposedly fixed by the update, so it might be good to have.

Unfortunately I already have a £400 iPhone3G which is so slow it is well-nigh unusable, so I can't really afford to lose the iPad as well.

1991-C4 07-16-2010 12:35 PM

I put 3.2.1 on my iPad last night. DO IT! I thought I didn't have WiFi issues before, but now its even better. I had my router throttled back to B/G only, but I turned on N and now, its even faster. I haven't downloaded a speed checker (yet!), but it sure seems faster.

Nighthawk4 07-23-2010 01:34 PM

I tried this last night.

Failed again :(

I had to do a restore and then restore from backup. At least the backup worked this time, but it took hours to complete.

I wish Apple would go back to releasing software which works properly. I still haven't got my iPhone3G fixed yet - not the WOW Mobile Authenticator.

Nighthawk4 07-23-2010 02:10 PM

Incidentally, the 'profanity' which has been edited out was actually a series of asterisks. I knew that any rude words would be taken out by the filters so I didn't use one. :)

I confess that turning a £400 iPhone into a paperweight by updating its software did make me feel like saying a naughty word :D

schweb 07-23-2010 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nighthawk4 (Post 1087413)
Incidentally, the 'profanity' which has been edited out was actually a series of asterisks. I knew that any rude words would be taken out by the filters so I didn't use one. :)

At Mac-Forums, we do not allow the use of profanity in any form.

The Community Guidelines state:

Quote:

Post appropriately.
This is a community of all types of people. Donít use profanity, including masked words, or post anything thatís lewd or inappropriate for a large community. If you wouldnít see it in a Disney movie, donít post it here.
Thanks for understanding!

MYmacROX 07-23-2010 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1991-C4 (Post 1083783)
I put 3.2.1 on my iPad last night. DO IT! I thought I didn't have WiFi issues before, but now its even better. I had my router throttled back to B/G only, but I turned on N and now, its even faster. I haven't downloaded a speed checker (yet!), but it sure seems faster.

I've noticed a great improvement in wi-fi connection, too. Specifically in signal interruption. Before the update I would get a message that my iPad has lost connection to the router maybe 4 or 5 times a day. Sometimes less than that...

Since the update almost a week ago I haven't had this happen even once!
I haven't really noticed an improvement in "speed".

Nighthawk4 07-24-2010 05:12 AM

I admit I did have issues with my WiFi connection dropping for no apparent reason - good signal, browsing a Forum, click to open another thread and it said it couldn't access that as I was not connected to the Internet.

Early days yet, but I have not had that happen yet since the update.

Maybe the pain was worth it? :)