New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

iMOVIE for iPhone

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Nikonshooter

Nikonshooter is on a distinguished road

On the keynote speech for iPHONE 4 they said they had iMOVIE for iPHONE 4. iPhone 4 is out, OS4 is out. Where is iMovie?

27' iMac i5 2.7 10.7.1  1TB HD  16GB DDR3 - AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB - Magic Trackpad * White iPhone 4s 16GB  iPad 2 64GB  iPod Nano 1st Generation  iPod Nano 6th Generation  iPod Touch 1st Generation  MacBook Unibody 1st Generation 
QUOTE Thanks
roffir

roffir will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | iMac | iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikonshooter View Post
On the keynote speech for iPHONE 4 they said they had iMOVIE for iPHONE 4. iPhone 4 is out, OS4 is out. Where is iMovie?
You have to buy it for $4.99 from the app store.
QUOTE Thanks
Nikonshooter

Cant find it in the app store. Or maybe its because I'm in Ireland and they wont release it till end of July when the iPhone 4 comes out which sucks as alot of people have the 3GS and it works on the OS4 upgrade!

27' iMac i5 2.7 10.7.1  1TB HD  16GB DDR3 - AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB - Magic Trackpad * White iPhone 4s 16GB  iPad 2 64GB  iPod Nano 1st Generation  iPod Nano 6th Generation  iPod Touch 1st Generation  MacBook Unibody 1st Generation 
QUOTE Thanks
roffir

roffir will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | iMac | iPhone 4

Quote:
Cant find it in the app store. Or maybe its because I'm in Ireland and they wont release it till end of July when the iPhone 4 comes out which sucks as alot of people have the 3GS and it works on the OS4 upgrade!
That's probably the case, but I do believe that its only for the iphone 4.
QUOTE Thanks
Nikonshooter

That's a shame, Apple already leaving customers out with the iPhone 3GS only out last year....
QUOTE Thanks
macjuicy23

macjuicy23 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by roffir View Post
That's probably the case, but I do believe that its only for the iphone 4.
Thats correct, i was told becuase of the new iPhone 4 chip it can only run on IP4
I agree 3gs is still to new of a release not to have a great APP like iMovie available for it, Apple dropped the ball there
QUOTE Thanks
Nikonshooter

Yeah, Apple look like they only want to cater for new customers now... Do they still make Mac's? LOL

QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by macjuicy23 View Post
Thats correct, i was told becuase of the new iPhone 4 chip it can only run on IP4
I agree 3gs is still to new of a release not to have a great APP like iMovie available for it, Apple dropped the ball there
The iPhone 3GS does not have the processing power, or more importantly the RAM to handle iMovie. That's the reason.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah, Apple look like they only want to cater for new customers now... Do they still make Mac's? LOL
Yes, they just updating their entire line of Macbook Pros and the Mac mini just recently.

QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Actually, iMovie was just ported to the 3GS, so it is certainly capable of running it. Just how well is a different question.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
roeiboot

roeiboot will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MB061LL/B & iPhone4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
Actually, iMovie was just ported to the 3GS, so it is certainly capable of running it. Just how well is a different question.
for JB only i believe..

~rb
iPhone 4 /16GB MacBook3,1 iPad my blog
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

Quote:
Sure, and I could hack a 1996 Dell to run Windows 7, just won't do it well.

Apple's not necessarily in the habit of releasing software for machines that will run like crap.

QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

iMovie for iPhone gets a cheeky hack for jailbroken 3GS, runs well-oiled

No offense Schweb, but please do a little bit of research before making wild accusations. The 3GS isn't significantly slower than the iPhone 4, let's not make it out to be the retarded stepchild.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

Quote:
iMovie for iPhone gets a cheeky hack for jailbroken 3GS, runs well-oiled

No offense Schweb, but please do a little bit of research before making wild accusations. The 3GS isn't significantly slower than the iPhone 4, let's not make it out to be the retarded stepchild.
Performance is in the eye of the beholder. Obviously Apple currently feels the 3GS doesn't perform up to standards for them...it's their choice. They're the ones who will have to support it.

And no offense Kash, but before you throw out an elitist "do some research" line, don't assume that I haven't.

I would hardly call my statement a "wild accusation". Might want to turn the drama meter down a touch.

QUOTE Thanks
schweb

And did you read that article? Funny that Engadget claims in their headline it runs well-oiled when they never even used it in person:

Quote:
Sounds easy enough, although we've yet to see the hacked app actually running on devices other than the 3GS demoed in the video after the break.
Seems weird to me.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Ipod touch kicks out of music and movies. | Will you pay for Hulu on your i-device? »