New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

More than one Slow downer app?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bwwhite

bwwhite is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 64GB WiFi iPad

I'm looking for an app to slow down music on the iPad. This would be for the purpose of learning a song. I'd like to be able to do this with any of the songs in the music library on my iPad and not have to have a second copy of the song on my device. This is not essential, but would be preferred.

I have used the Amazing Slow Downer by Roni Music but am not very thrilled with it. At least not on my iPad. It looks like it might be nice on my PC, but on the iPad it is less than impressive.

Are there other apps that do the same thing?

Thanks!

Bruce
QUOTE Thanks
onemoreguitar

onemoreguitar is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Pro 2.66 Quad, 4G RAM, RadeonX1900, 10.6.4; 17" MB Pro, 2.66 i7, 8Gb RAM, 10.6.3; 3GS 32G & 16G iOS4

Sorry you don't like Amazing Slow Downer. I'm a working guitarist and guitar teacher, and as such use this app A LOT. For my money it's easily the best one going. Very smooth speed and pitch alterations. It's even better than my old Tascam hardware units. I personally use it on my 3GS, but I assume it's pretty much the same. I've used a number of others, but ASD trumps them all IME. The first thing I do when I start playing with a new act is drop the entire setlist onto ASD. I also have it on my Mac Pro and have all the songs my students want to learn loaded.

Wish I knew of a better option for you, but it really is the best. FWIW, pretty much every musician I have shown ASD has immediately bought it. Hope that helps.
QUOTE Thanks
JUKE179r

JUKE179r is a jewel in the roughJUKE179r is a jewel in the roughJUKE179r is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: '07 MBP 256GB SSD/6GB RAM/SL <--DAW!!!

I know you can slow down music on Quicktime Player and in Garageband.

Garageband:

1. Drag your audio file (MP3, M4A, ...) in GarageBand. It's shown as an orange track.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+G
3. Click the audio track. It is now blue.
4. Check "Follow Tempo & Pitch" (this is in the wave editor section, which you get by clicking the scissors symbol next to the eye)
5. Now change the tempo (next to the song time display)

GarageBand: how to slow down a song [Archive] - The macosxhints Forums

MBP 3,1 & 4,1 w/ Vertex 4 SSD | Logic Pro 9 | Ableton Live 8 | Traktor Pro 2 | AKAI MPK-49 | Roland MV-8000, TR-808 & TR-909 | Ensoniq ASR-10 | x0xb0x #911 | Denon DN-MC6000 | (3) Technics SL-1200MK1 | 3000+ vinyl records
QUOTE Thanks
bwwhite

bwwhite is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 64GB WiFi iPad

OK, I discovered that I was mistaken. I was not using the Amazing Slow Downer. I was evidently using something else that looked very similar. I looked again in the app store and downloaded the free version of ASD. I liked it enough to purchase it.

Thanks!

Bruce
QUOTE Thanks
onemoreguitar

onemoreguitar is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Pro 2.66 Quad, 4G RAM, RadeonX1900, 10.6.4; 17" MB Pro, 2.66 i7, 8Gb RAM, 10.6.3; 3GS 32G & 16G iOS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwwhite View Post
OK, I discovered that I was mistaken. I was not using the Amazing Slow Downer. I was evidently using something else that looked very similar. I looked again in the app store and downloaded the free version of ASD. I liked it enough to purchase it.

Thanks!

Bruce
I thought something was going on. ASD is a no brainer purchase if you do any transcribing. It's **** near unbeatable, even taking into account stand alone units. It's even worth having the duplicate songs, especially since Apple won't allow 3rd party apps to access your iTunes library.

Happy Transcribing!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 1st gen iPod Touch upgrade | Will Rosetta Stone be able to run on the iPad? »