New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

How do I reset my multitask apps?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

So I've been playing with my iP4 for a while and my list of active multitasking apps has gotten pretty long, and now it's faster to find it on the springboard.

I thought redrafting would reset it, but all of the apps were still listed after restart. How can I reset this??

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Did you try restarting your phone?

schweb | community leader
flickr » facebook » twitter » tumblr » google+ » about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

That's one thing I really don't like already on my 3GS. Everything stays on in the background. I preferred it without this type of multi-tasking.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Jaygray

Jaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD

The point of fast app switching is that you can quickly get to your RECENTLY OPENED apps. If you reopen an app, it should move to the front of he list.

That being said, if you open the app switcher and hold down your finger on one of the apps like you do to rearrange the icons, they will start to wiggle and a red minus appears over them. Tap the minus and the app will close.
QUOTE Thanks
Jaygray

Jaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
That's one thing I really don't like already on my 3GS. Everything stays on in the background. I preferred it without this type of multi-tasking.
All those open apps don't really seem to bog down my 3GS. It seems like just enough resources are devoted to them to keep them open. It's not like 30 apps are actually running at the same time. I think of it like putting the apps to sleep vs shutting them off completely. (like you do with hardware)
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygray View Post

That being said, if you open the app switcher and hold down your finger on one of the apps like you do to rearrange the icons, they will start to wiggle and a red minus appears over them. Tap the minus and the app will close.
That just seems like a pitr step for those of us that weren't crying about whatevernameradiostreaming app wouldn't work in the background.

At this point, I have not found what good this multitasking ability has done for me.

Guess I do like having a quick feature to get to the basic iPod functions, but the function I'm typically looking for is not available there so I still have to open the app itself.

(Edit: sorry about stealing your thread fleurya)

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweb View Post
Did you try restarting your phone?
Yeah, that's what I meant by saying "redrafting" Auto-Incorrect strikes again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygray View Post
For some reason I felt like I had tried that and nothing happened. I guess I didn't hold down long enough.

Those little red circles are kinda hard to hit!!

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Trying to download new software 4.0 upgrade -- backup isn't working | iOS 4 iPhone 3GS battery problems? »