New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Ideas for iPad to sleep after certain time?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dakineyj

dakineyj will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5

I use a slingbox at night to sling to my MBP in the bedroom. The MBP is scheduled to turn off late, after I am asleep. I would like to use the iPad in place of the MBP but don't know of any way to get it to shut down the app or go to sleep after a certain period of time or at some scheduled time. Anybody know of a way to achieve this?
QUOTE Thanks
1991-C4

1991-C4 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2 iPod Touches and iPad

I asked this same question for the same reason and the response I got was that we will most likely have to wait until iOS4 comes out for the iPad which will enable multi-tasking. I have an iPod Touch that came with a built-in clock that will do just that and I wish it had been included on the iPad. But alas, no such luck!
QUOTE Thanks
dakineyj

dakineyj will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5

Thanks for the reply. How are you doing that on the touch?
QUOTE Thanks
1991-C4

1991-C4 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2 iPod Touches and iPad

You go to the clock and select the timer option. You set it for the the amount of time you want the unit to stay "awake" and then set the When Timer Ends option to Sleep iPod. When the iPod goes to sleep, it breaks the WiFi connection and this stops the music stream.

Clear as mud, eh?
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Haven't a clue myself as to why that clock is not on the iPad.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Sling Player Mobile | iOS 4 keyboard shortcuts »