New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

iOS4 and Tiger

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kerberosv2

kerberosv2 is on a distinguished road

So I am on Tiger on my iMac G4 and want to sync my iPhone with my computer. It has been upgraded to iOS4 already from a different computer (iBook). I know the iPhone 4 requires Leopard 10.5.8, but is that because of the iPhone 4 hardware or the iOS4 software? Like, can I stull sync and operate my iPhone with iOS4 on it thru Tiger?

Also, ever since upgrading to Leopard on my iBook G4 1.2GHz 1.25GB RAM, youtube pretty much sucked. Will going back to Tiger help? Thanks!

iBook G4 1.2GHz 1.25GB RAM 12"
iMac G4 17" 1GHz 512MB RAM
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

This will not help with your iPhone issue but with 10.5 on the ibook and You Tube, Download the latest Flash update 10.1. Even my iMac G5 iSight was lagging badly on You Tube lately and installing Flash 10.1 really took down the CPU usage and the videos are smooth again. Can't hurt to try.

I will let someone else answer your iOS4 on 10.4 question because I have no idea.
QUOTE Thanks
kerberosv2

kerberosv2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
This will not help with your iPhone issue but with 10.5 on the ibook and You Tube, Download the latest Flash update 10.1. Even my iMac G5 iSight was lagging badly on You Tube lately and installing Flash 10.1 really took down the CPU usage and the videos are smooth again. Can't hurt to try.

I will let someone else answer your iOS4 on 10.4 question because I have no idea.

Thanks, I will try that when I get home. Hope I can find out about the Tiger thing soon.

iBook G4 1.2GHz 1.25GB RAM 12"
iMac G4 17" 1GHz 512MB RAM
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iTunes won't let me transfer iPhone apps to it, why ? | DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE NEW iBOOKS APP!!! »