New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

iOS4 thoughts and opinions?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

KoDorSean

KoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

I personally love it. I have found my phone to be much quicker with less lag. I have waited patiently for 3 years to be able to run Pandora while I surf the www or send a text.

What do you guys think of it? any issues that you have noticed?

I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoDorSean View Post
I have waited patiently for 3 years to be able to run Pandora while I surf the www or send a text.
Honestly, that's probably my favorite thing. That and a unified inbox.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS IPad1

I have bit had the time yet to really mess with it but so far (I am running it on a old 3G so no Multitasking for me) are the folders. Cuts the number apps by a lot and easier to find them. Will report more later.

Is there a way to rename the folders? Have not even checked as I have been so busy today.

Edit: not sure if you can do it on the iphone itself, but easy in iTunes and the Apps tab. Click folder and you can rename there.
QUOTE Thanks
roeiboot

roeiboot will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MB061LL/B & iPhone4

i used the Beta's all the way to GM on a 3G, very impressed --since friday i have a 3G[S] and put iOS4 on it today.. still dig it, my only gripe at this point is -and at first on the 3G i thought it was the hardware- the multitasking, it does not seem to be 100% true multitasking.. ie. opening Tweetie for the first time or from the multitask "menu" seems about as fast.

other than that kudos Apple for a great OS.

(ps. regarding the multitasking; it would be cool if you could set how many apps you allow to be open at the same time, based of first open - first closed)

~rb
iPhone 4 /16GB MacBook3,1 iPad my blog
QUOTE Thanks
KoDorSean

KoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
I have bit had the time yet to really mess with it but so far (I am running it on a old 3G so no Multitasking for me) are the folders. Cuts the number apps by a lot and easier to find them. Will report more later.

Is there a way to rename the folders? Have not even checked as I have been so busy today.

Edit: not sure if you can do it on the iphone itself, but easy in iTunes and the Apps tab. Click folder and you can rename there.
if you push and hold the folder icon until everything wiggles then tap again on the same folder it will pop up a small bar that allows you to rename the folder.

QUOTE Thanks
roeiboot

ps. Apple: let us turn labels OFF on the Springboard --that would be appreciated, just too distracting and looks cluttered.

(only for that i'm not sure if i wanna JB)

~rb
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS IPad1

Thank you KoDorSean! I knew there had to be a way. I tried that but did not hold down long enough I guess. Thanks again.
QUOTE Thanks
KoDorSean

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
Thank you KoDorSean! I knew there had to be a way. I tried that but did not hold down long enough I guess. Thanks again.
No problemo! Happy to help.

QUOTE Thanks
Nastylol

Nastylol is on a distinguished road

i think it's hella dope, but they shoulda left game center -.-
QUOTE Thanks
KoDorSean

Quote:
Originally Posted by roeiboot View Post
i used the Beta's all the way to GM on a 3G, very impressed --since friday i have a 3G[S] and put iOS4 on it today.. still dig it, my only gripe at this point is -and at first on the 3G i thought it was the hardware- the multitasking, it does not seem to be 100% true multitasking.. ie. opening Tweetie for the first time or from the multitask "menu" seems about as fast.

other than that kudos Apple for a great OS.

(ps. regarding the multitasking; it would be cool if you could set how many apps you allow to be open at the same time, based of first open - first closed)
Can you explain how its not 100% true multitasking?

Thanks...

QUOTE Thanks
roeiboot

supposedly 15 new voice control commands --only one i found so far is asking "what time is it".

~rb
QUOTE Thanks
roeiboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoDorSean View Post
Can you explain how its not 100% true multitasking?

Thanks...
okay, i open the App Store -it starts loading.. i go to another app in the meantime assuming it will keep loading, switch back to App Store and it did not continue loading..

~rb
QUOTE Thanks
ace.13unibody

ace.13unibody is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Unibody Macbook Pro, Iphone 4 16G

I like it, but it seems to have slowed my 3G down quite a bit. It seems like the applications pop open very rapidly initially, but then they just stay on the white screen for a second or two longer. I can say though that the apple version of folders is WAY better than the jailbreak () version. Fast, easy, and simple.

The good thing is that I am upgradeable right now, so I'll be getting a Iphone 4 soon!
QUOTE Thanks
ace.13unibody

ace.13unibody is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Unibody Macbook Pro, Iphone 4 16G

Quote:
Originally Posted by roeiboot View Post
okay, i open the App Store -it starts loading.. i go to another app in the meantime assuming it will keep loading, switch back to App Store and it did not continue loading..
Ya, similar to if you open a new browser page in Safari and the one you left behind loading doesn't continue until you return to it....that's not cool
QUOTE Thanks
roeiboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace.13unibody View Post
Ya, similar to if you open a new browser page in Safari and the one you left behind loading doesn't continue until you return to it....that's not cool
agreed..

~rb
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPAD and OWA | RDP for iPad/iPhone »