New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Looking for iPad sleep timer

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

1991-C4

1991-C4 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2 iPod Touches and iPad

As the title suggests, I am looking for something with the same functionality as the clock on the iPod Touch.

Here's my scenario... I work 3rd shift and sleep at odd hours and listening to classical music helps me sleep. The iPod Touch is perfect for this! I start the timer and tell it to put the iPod to sleep in one hour and then I start one of the streaming services like Pandora or LastFM. After an hour (which is usually long after the time I have fallen asleep), the timer puts the iPod to sleep and cuts off the wifi connection thereby stopping the audio stream.

So now I have an iPad. Even though it is too big to slip under my pillow, I would still like to have an app to do the same thing as the iPod where it cuts off the wifi connection after a specified amount of time.

Suggestions???
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Unfortunately, I don't think anything will let you do that since you can't currently multi-task apps on the iPad. The timer app on the iPhone/iPod works like that becaue Apple does let that run while other programs are running.

Most likely you'll need to wait until iOS4 comes out for the iPad.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Deleting calendar on iPhone 3GS | Pre-Ordering iPhone 4 »