New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Ipad as external display via Air Display!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 3

I tried looking for a topic on this app, but I didn't find anything. I just downloaded Air Display a couple of hours ago, and I am SOO impressed!! It turns the ipad into a 2nd or third display…wirelessly!! It does get a bit slow, while dragging and using big apps, but it's a step in the right direction. Also, one cool thing, if you chose to mirror them, you pretty much get OSX on your iPad!! So far, I have found it very useful to store my minimized itunes, adium, geektool, and growl stuff. Works real well considering this costs only 10 bucks!
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

That is good to know. I was thinking about whether that was possible and considering writing a future ATPM article about it. Would you be interested in collaborating on such an article? I would certainly be willing to share credit appropriately.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
Nighthawk4

Nighthawk4 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad 32GB 3G, iPhone 16GB 3G

I just tried this.

It worked momentarily, but then lost the connection. Now it just keeps changing back to 'no iPad connected'. I have not been able to make it connect again
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

I just started testing this and have not had that problem. I like it so far although using the tool pallate from there in Graphic Converter is a bit sluggish at times. I am going to try it to control my headless media server. I have tried other program a to do that but they also do other things I may not need.

QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slydude View Post
That is good to know. I was thinking about whether that was possible and considering writing a future ATPM article about it. Would you be interested in collaborating on such an article? I would certainly be willing to share credit appropriately.
Sure thing!

Nighthawk4,
Check your internet connection settings(router). Most people who have problems seem to have router/modem compatibility issues linking the two devices together. Everything has been smooth on my side. I have an at&t modem with a built-in router with wpa2, and everything moves pretty fast.
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinorbarsaku View Post
Sure thing!
Sounds good. I am going to get in touch with the publisher and see if he thinks this should be a separate article or part of a larger segment on uses of the iPad. Will let you know more via PM.

QUOTE Thanks
Pad Master

Pad Master is on a distinguished road

Are we talking 3G or WiFi only?
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

It requires that the iPad an your Mac be on the same wi-fi network. I have the 3G model but haven't experienced problems yet. Perhaps it is because I usually have 3G off when in range of my wi-fi setup.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone Corporate Sharing Apps? | Update App Content »