New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Audio editing apps for iPad?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bwwhite

bwwhite is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 64GB WiFi iPad

Anyone know of an audio editing program for the iPad? I'd like to be able to read, edit, and save MP3 files or whatever format the iPad uses. Something like CoolEdit (later changed to Adobe Auditions, I think).

Actually, what I really want to do with the app is to be able to choose a portion of a song, slow down the temp while maintaining pitch and loop that portion of the song. This would be as an aid to learning the bass or guitar parts of the song.

Ideas welcome!

Thanks!

Bruce
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Don't have clue if there is one for the iPad. A search of the app store should find it if there is.

Personally, I'd recommend the Amazing Slow Downer for either Windows or OS X.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
bwwhite

I've tried searching the apps store without much success. Unfortunately, many apps have names that bear no relation at all to what they do. I've tried entering "audio editing", "sound editing", "looping", and don't see anything come up that looks like it would do what I want.

I used "slow downer" and found an iPhone (or iPod?) app that is iPad compatible and might help. However, you can only push songs from your computer to the app through a browser. You can't use the app to find a song already on the iPad.

Bruce
QUOTE Thanks
Bremen Cole

Bremen Cole will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: PC Baby!

There are several things for the iPhone you could use, but not really anything for the iPad yet. Give it some time, it's not even been out a month yet.....

I play around with Beat Maker of the iPhone on my iPad, and it supports alf and wav files. It's not an audio editor, but a "beat box" , but I am sure there are some on the way.....

Bremen Cole
iPad 1st Gen 16G WIFI
Music = http://www.bremencole.com
Bike Journal = http://www.bikejournal.com/journal_p...ame=BremenCole
QUOTE Thanks
atatum

atatum is on a distinguished road

I believe audacity do a free mac version as well as a pc version
QUOTE Thanks
Zoolook

Zoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5

There is nothing yet - I've had fun with Beatwave and Korg's iElectribe and I'm keeping a look out for a simple sequencer with sample player. If someone came out with a midi sequencer, I'd be in heaven as it'd be perfect for my Korg Radias.

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
- Joan D. Vinge

QUOTE Thanks
rachael23t

rachael23t is on a distinguished road

It seems to me that any legitimate audio application (including the ability to change tempo without changing pitch) takes a lot of computing power. It doesn't seem practical to me for it to be on the iphone. Maybe the iPad??
QUOTE Thanks
bwwhite

Still looking for an app like this on the iPad.

I want to be able to take a song--even one in my iTunes library--and slow it down while maintaining pitch. I'd also like to be able to define a loop. The purpose is for learning a song.

So far, I've only found:
The Amazing Slow Downer
iHeartit

Neither are really iPad apps, but rather iPad compatible apps.

Any others?

Thanks!

Bruce
QUOTE Thanks
Miscou

Miscou is on a distinguished road

Hello,

I don't know if these things have tempo change option but keep an eye on :

Sample Lab (to be release soon)

Reforge (reviews seems mitigate, under developed I think)

iSample (iPhone version now but the guy told me that a specific iPad version is on the way...)
Way Out Ware

-------
QUOTE Thanks
Lovono

Lovono is on a distinguished road

Just released to the app store is an app called Snipster for iPad. (iPhone version coming soon!)

This app allows you to use songs already on your iPad, set the start time, end time of any track, allow you to fade it out, and allow you to create play lists, and loop! Basically like an old cart rack.

This program unfortunately does not allow you to slow down the track that is playing, but has all of the other features that were mentioned previously.
QUOTE Thanks
Corsair

Corsair is on a distinguished road

have there been any more releases? I'd loved to see something similar to protools/soundforge/nuendo
QUOTE Thanks
iOS Recording

iOS Recording is on a distinguished road

There are several apps that may fit the bill. Check out iSequence HD:

iOS Recording Mobile iSequence HD

Also of interest may be this list of multitrack recording apps:

iOS Recording Mobile Top iOS Multitrack Recording Apps

Apps, Hardware, Reviews & News for iOS

Web: http://www.iosrecording.com
Tips: info@iosrecording.com
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe