New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Anyone know if a Notes app that synchronises well with a desktop app?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MDJCM

MDJCM is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2009 13" MBP with SSD

I've been using AwesomeNote but its terrible at syncing its contents to other apps, it doesnt even back up very well.

Any tips?
QUOTE Thanks
arrontdep

arrontdep is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iMac 2011; 500GB HDD, 2.5 GHz i5, 4GB RAM & OS X 10.7. iPhone 4 Vodafone & iPad 2; 16GB & iOS 4.3.5.

Use the apps that Apple have already made for it! Notes app on iPhone syncs with Mail app on Mac OS X. Hope this helps?
QUOTE Thanks
Jaygray

Jaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD

Welcome to your notable world | Evernote Corporation

Free app. Syncs your handheld notes instantly with your desktop app via WiFi & 3G. Works great. I use it to keep my life organized.
QUOTE Thanks
MDJCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrontdep View Post
Use the apps that Apple have already made for it! Notes app on iPhone syncs with Mail app on Mac OS X. Hope this helps?
Thanks i tried to use that when i first got the iphone but...that standard Notes app in the iPhone is too basic, no font options, no to-do list/checklist, folders etc
QUOTE Thanks
MDJCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygray View Post
Welcome to your notable world | Evernote Corporation

Free app. Syncs your handheld notes instantly with your desktop app via WiFi & 3G. Works great. I use it to keep my life organized.
Hey, i just read through the reviews on the App store, a few really bad points, for some reason it requires an internet connection to use it, and the updates can be buggy
QUOTE Thanks
michaelgavriel

michaelgavriel is on a distinguished road

Also looking for the best notes app. Main concern is Wireless Sync.

MobileMe can't sync notes between Macbook-me.com-iPhone.

Looking for something that could perhaps two-way sync with Google Docs as a workaround?

Any good two way sync over wifi/3g would work for me. Hope we find something that comes recommended!

Or, hope apple finally improves the mobileme/notes with iphone 4.0 os.
QUOTE Thanks
Drjones

Drjones is on a distinguished road

Toodledo and Zenbe Lists are both great.

Both have great iPhone apps (I know ToodleDo released an ipad-specific update, not sure of Zenbe) and both sync with websites so that your data is backed up & accessible from anywhere.

ToodleDo is intended as a task manager, but it definitely has a note function that works great too.
QUOTE Thanks
lokerd

lokerd is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iPhone, g4 PowerBook, ipad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDJCM View Post
Hey, i just read through the reviews on the App store, a few really bad points, for some reason it requires an internet connection to use it, and the updates can be buggy
This seems to be the story of my life...keeping up with too many notes.

I too yearn for a way to sync notes. I tried every not...and immediately disliked the Internet requirement. Actualy, I would just prefergoogle docs...or any of the apps i have on my igoogle page...which is why I am hoping to exchange this unit for a 3G unit later today.

I am going to keep watching this thread...because even with 3G, i want access to my notes everywhere.
QUOTE Thanks
Drjones

Drjones is on a distinguished road

Also, I believe that quite a while ago, Apple finally let its native Notes app sync with MS Outlook, so that's another option.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« add photo icon gone? Could not activate cell date network? | Connecting backup camera to IPad »