New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

The App, Sleep Cycle alarm

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Scorponok

Scorponok is on a distinguished road

Now, i am quite certain pretty much all of you have hear about it. But my question are to the Ipod touch users, is this safe to use at all. I hear a lot of people saying it overheat's and some that it doesn't..

LexWare have said that.
Do you support the iPod Touch?
No, we do not. This is because of limitations Apple has put on us developers. It is not possible for us to shut down the screen and keep the accelerometer running on the iPod Touch. With the screen being on all night the device can become warm. This is the only problem with Sleep Cycle on the iPod Touch and because of this we do not recommend using Sleep Cycle on the iPod Touch.

So, i am not really sure if it's safe..

What do you say?.
QUOTE Thanks
Artizen

Artizen is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=Scorponok;1013831]Now, i am quite certain pretty much all of you have hear about it. But my question are to the Ipod touch users, is this safe to use at all. I hear a lot of people saying it overheat's and some that it doesn't..

I have a first Gen and have been using two sleep apps with alarms for years without any problems....certainly no overheating.
At home I use the Peace alarm clock as a clock in one room 24hrs and use it's dimmer at night. I can set the alarm for various reasons. When traveling I use the lighter version of Ambiance. I set it on Brown noise to put me to sleep and have the alarm set for morning..no problems. I use the Ambiance because the screen can go totally dark. So I'm not sure what apps are giving people problems. In both my cases though my ipod touch is either on a charger or plugged in on AC or DC.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« To all Iphone owners | iPod Touch play count is really high »