New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

iphone/ipod touch wifi booster app in development!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jmk416223

jmk416223 is on a distinguished road

hello im working on a wifi booster app for iphone and ipod touch!! just figured i would let the world know because i know everyone has problems with the wifi ranger on the iphone/ipod touch i cant get my wifi in the back of my house and i got tired of it so im making a app to boost the range i would like anyone who would like a app like this to let me know because i may just keep it for myself if no one wants to use it so the more ppl say they want it the faster i will make it and put it on app store!!!!

thanks to everyone!
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Curious, how exactly would you boost the wifi strength from software? You'd have to use the standard iPhone API and I doubt there is support for this sort of tweaking of the hardware in there..so how do you expect this to work?

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz0rEdge View Post
Curious, how exactly would you boost the wifi strength from software? You'd have to use the standard iPhone API and I doubt there is support for this sort of tweaking of the hardware in there..so how do you expect this to work?

Regards
Now that is a darn fine question !

Clay

MY ADVICE COMES WITH A DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

bargsbeer is a jewel in the roughbargsbeer is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

Is this kind of like those cellphone signal boosters?....lol
QUOTE Thanks
jmk416223

jmk416223 is on a distinguished road

its in dev i cant say much but keep a look out for it i dont know the date it will be done im working on it as fast as i can with a friend so i will keep everyone up to date .... and most of those cell boosters are a rip off!
QUOTE Thanks
Eclipes10

Eclipes10 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmk416223 View Post
hello im working on a wifi booster app for iphone and ipod touch!! just figured i would let the world know because i know everyone has problems with the wifi ranger on the iphone/ipod touch i cant get my wifi in the back of my house and i got tired of it so im making a app to boost the range i would like anyone who would like a app like this to let me know because i may just keep it for myself if no one wants to use it so the more ppl say they want it the faster i will make it and put it on app store!!!!

thanks to everyone!
I'm interested to know what the name of the app booster softwere your designing is it already in the app store if so what's the name of it I'm interested to know
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipes10 View Post
I'm interested to know what the name of the app booster softwere your designing is it already in the app store if so what's the name of it I'm interested to know
It's called "Pipe dream".

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

I swear we had a thread just like this about a year ago from some kid who couldn't even conjugate a sentence, but was claiming they had invented a solution for some issue or another that was flatly impossible to do via software. Or maybe I'm psychic.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
It's called "Pipe dream".
good one

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
I swear we had a thread just like this about a year ago from some kid who couldn't even conjugate a sentence, but was claiming they had invented a solution for some issue or another that was flatly impossible to do via software. Or maybe I'm psychic.
I think that might be this thread.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone Mail | Confused about iCloud »