New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Problem downloading on iTunes Store

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

DauntlessEagle

DauntlessEagle is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.4 ghz 320 GB HDD 2GB DDR3 RAM - iPhone 4s 32 GB Black

Hi there. I am having trouble downloading Tom Tom Western Europe app on my Mac. Basically I started to download it at my house, I then had to pause the download and I closed the lid on my mac. I then went over to my girl friends house and opened the lid and clicked the pause button again to resume the download and it cam up with a error message saying that it could not download or something, so I clicked the round arrow retry button and it is now downloading but very very slow, like 5 kb the second. I have tried to delete the app and re download but when I delete it and re download it it starts from where it stopped downloading .... Is there a way I can fully delete it and start again or a way to make the download faster.

I did a speed test and we are receiving 6 MEG so its not our connection.

Thanks
Eagle.

Everything Mac !!!
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Don't think so. Have the same issue with downloads from time to time.

I have not found rhyme nor reason for it yet, except that it's on Apple's end, not mine.
It's really a pitr when you just bought a TV show that you want to watch in HD... right now... and it's telling you it will take 4 hours to download a 40 minute show.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
DauntlessEagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
Don't think so. Have the same issue with downloads from time to time.

I have not found rhyme nor reason for it yet, except that it's on Apple's end, not mine.
It's really a pitr when you just bought a TV show that you want to watch in HD... right now... and it's telling you it will take 4 hours to download a 40 minute show.
Hi thanks for your reply. Yeah I just find it odd because when I was downloading at home it was downloading at 125 kb's ... I have a 1.2 Meg connection at home as you can see from the download speed. But when I started downloading on my gf's connection it messed up. Must be iTunes.

Tried a system restart as well, that made no difference either

Everything Mac !!!
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Yep, one day it downloads the show in 20 minutes at 250 kb and the next day 4 hours at 2.5 kb on mine.

I also purchase videos from Amazon and view at quite a few other sites. Have yet to experience this issue with them, incl'g while I'm sitting waiting on iTunes.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
DauntlessEagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
Yep, one day it downloads the show in 20 minutes at 250 kb and the next day 4 hours at 2.5 kb on mine.

I also purchase videos from Amazon and view at quite a few other sites. Have yet to experience this issue with them, incl'g while I'm sitting waiting on iTunes.
Lol, just goes to show that Apple put our $'s &b 's to use

Everything Mac !!!
QUOTE Thanks
DauntlessEagle

Ok so I got the download to work finally. There must have been a firewall or something going on at my gf's house because it said it had like 56 hours remaining ! Now it says 4 hours remaining ... Still slow but this is because I have only got a 1 meg connection at home Due to BT not fixing our line properly. Thanks allot BT !

Everything Mac !!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Compromised ipod: | Old 1st Gen Shuffle - No CD - Usable on Windows PC? »