New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

operating system of iphone

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

virus_060685

virus_060685 is on a distinguished road

hello friends,
i have this new iphone 3gs which i got just 3 days back....

one of my friends got a clone china iphone and belive me u can never figure out which one is real by their looks........

ok this is what i want to know....

can a clone china iphone have a Mac OS X v10.4.11 the same as original iphone 3gs has by formatting and reinstalling.... if yes than tell me how please....

thank you
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Nope. Also, no iPhone ran 10.4. The iPhone OS, although based on the 10.5 kernel, is very different - and during its original development, Apple made it clear that the kernel was 10.5, even though 10.5 hadn't been released yet.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

bargsbeer is a jewel in the roughbargsbeer is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

Quote:
Originally Posted by virus_060685 View Post
hello friends,
i have this new iphone 3gs which i got just 3 days back....

one of my friends got a clone china iphone and belive me u can never figure out which one is real by their looks........

ok this is what i want to know....

can a clone china iphone have a Mac OS X v10.4.11 the same as original iphone 3gs has by formatting and reinstalling.... if yes than tell me how please....

thank you

Nevermind the OS, Where do you get off saying "Believe me you can never figure out which one is real" Those things are junk, That's like saying you can't tell the difference between a fake and authentic Rolex.

If China actually made a high quality knock-off of anything everyone would be buying it.
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

Yes the fake phones look nothing like the real phones.

Member Of The Month for December '08.
It's only the internet!
QUOTE Thanks
Chris H.

Chris H. is a jewel in the roughChris H. is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: late 2009 MacBook - 10.9

As cwa said, the iPhone never ran anything less than 10.5, though 10.5 didn't come out til fall of that year (that the iPhone came out). In any case, it is officially called iPhone OS, and the latest version is 3.1.2

Those knockoffs from China are totally nothing like the actual iPhone. How can you not tell the difference? Just pondering that one.

 MB White Uni l'09 - OS X 10.9
 iPad mini - iOS 7.1
 5th gen iPod touch - iOS 7.1
 Mm e'09 - OS X 10.9
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« extracting .mp3 files from IBM platform IPod | ipod touch photo orientation »