New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

external drive w/music failing, have back-up drive

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

liliajams

liliajams is on a distinguished road

My external drive, with all my music and photos is failing. Sometimes it works, but more often than not, it doesn't. This affects any music I try to play as sometimes the drive shows up and sometimes it doesn't. When it does, it freezes. I also can't view my pictures. I have a mybook. The drive turns on, but doesn't show up on the desktop. I also have a mybook as my back up drive.

I want iTunes to get the music from the back up drive. How do I do that? Would I need to transfer all my music back into iTunes and then reassign it the back up drive? Am I making any sense?

If that is the way, how do I get the music from the back-up drive into the hard drive?

OR, is there a setting in iTunes I can change so that it automatically looks for the music from the back-up drive when I plug it in? Thanks for any help.
QUOTE Thanks
liliajams

liliajams is on a distinguished road

Do I have to "locate this file" for each song individually? That would be insane!
QUOTE Thanks
brandiey1

brandiey1 is on a distinguished road

I am having a similar problem... except I've already been backing up my itunes to an external drive which is usually my "F" drive but I inserted a flash drive and it read it as F and now my external drive is reading as G drive... 1/2 my music works on F, 1/2 on G... anyone have any idea how to fix this? THX.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« want to switch to iphone .... | iPod Touch Syncing »