New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

MMS is working now

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Gcane93

Gcane93 is on a distinguished road

I typed an ipcc code on Mac's Terminal and saved it on my desktop. Then, Open itunes, connect iphone then press Option-Click on the "Check Update" button (on Mac) and choose the ippc file on my desktop. Disconnected and reboot iphone.

The last step go to: setting, general,network. It added a new MMS window where I typed all the info below:

APN: wap.cingular
user: wap.cingulargprs.com
pw: CINGULAR1 (this is case sensitive)
mmsc: mmsc.cingular.com
proxy: 66.209.11.32

I tested it and it worked

Or you can wait for the update on September 25.

>ipod Photo 20GB. >2G ipod Nano 4GB SE Product Red; Nike+ Kit. >MacBook Pro 15" - 2.16GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo, HDD 500GB >iMac 20" - 2.16GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo. > ipod Nano 8G 3Gen. > iPod Classic 80G. > iPhone 3G 16GB & 3GS 32GB & iPhone 4 32GB. > iPod Touch 16GB.
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

There have been hacks to make MMS work out there for some month now, and it's not that difficult. That being said, it's only 2 days until it's "officially" supported. I think I can wait.

QUOTE Thanks
stingray

stingray is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.4 GHz, 4gb | 16gb white iPhone 3Gs | MacBook 2.1GHz, 1gb | 40gb AppleTV |

I have an original 8 gig iPhone. I've heard/read mix things about wether it will be able to do the MMS upgrade when they release it tomorrow. Does anyone know for sure it if I'll get it too?
QUOTE Thanks
Dex

Dex is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 13" MacBook Pro 2.66 ghz C2D 4 GB RAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
I have an original 8 gig iPhone. I've heard/read mix things about wether it will be able to do the MMS upgrade when they release it tomorrow. Does anyone know for sure it if I'll get it too?
i was under the impression it was just 3G and 3GS owners that got it.
QUOTE Thanks
james515

james515 is an unknown at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
the original iPhone is more than capable of the MMS. Apple does not want it to have that capability through iPhone software updates. they want you to buy a new iphone

its just some programming that makes MMS work anyway.
QUOTE Thanks
ericg2000

ericg2000 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook black 2.2 GHz, 4Gb Ram - iPhone 4

my mms has been working for a while now too. i loaded the ipcc hack on in thru itunes.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

It's officially available now. We don't need hacks anymore.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
JRV

JRV will become famous soon enough

I got the message saying it was active and that every mms would cost .30 cents unless I had a plan for it already. What does this mean? I have 200 text messages a month included with my iphone plan. Does this cover the mms or is that additional?
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

ok, so now that we have it, can someone explain to the old guy how to use it?

edit: nevermind - not working here because I still don't have the option for it in settings

yes I did get a carrier update today

re-edit: just got a message from AT&T - which said to restart the phone for MMS to start up - so even the old guy can figure it out now.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRV View Post
I got the message saying it was active and that every mms would cost .30 cents unless I had a plan for it already. What does this mean? I have 200 text messages a month included with my iphone plan. Does this cover the mms or is that additional?
If that is the $20 a month plan for the iPhone, MMS should not work. MMS is only for the 3G and the 3GS.

.30 cents only applys to people that have no messaging plan. If you pay a certain amount of texts per month then MMS should be covered as well.

Member Of The Month for December '08.
It's only the internet!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« unlocked iphone work w/o sim card? | iPhone Speaker does not work with apps, only with calls »