Thread: iPhone 3.1

iPhone 3.1
    Hey guys and gals,

I got a small kinda inconvient problem with my iPhone every now and then it just randomly shuts off. Battery is good and everything, and when I turn it back on everything seems normal. At first I thought it was cause it was in my pocket and i put it up there with the top button down so I thought it was the button being pressed and then when I pulled the iPhone out of my pocket it would slide to turn off, I got a case for it that kinda covers up that button a little bit its an iFrogz case but it happend once more when it was sitting on top of my shelf, I did a restore on it, but it happend to me again today.
    any cause for alarm? or should i just ignore it?

If it is turning off by its self then yea I would be a little worried and would take it in.

My 3GS has never turned off on its own. Heck, I think I have only turned it off once or twice since I've had it. Other than that it is always on stand by.

my wife's iPhone 3G has done that off and on for months . . . I rebooted, restored, etc., with no fix. Finally took it into the Apple Store 'cause the 1 yr warranty only has a couple months left.

They verified no water damage, and immediately replaced the phone with no further testing. My guess is there is some known firmware/hardware issue with the 3G's so they just replace it.

If you are under warranty, I'd definitely check it out. If out of warranty, I'd still go have a chat at the Apple Store -- if this is a known issue they might still replace either free or cheap.

Thread Information