New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

iPhone 3.1

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

LogicBox

LogicBox is on a distinguished road

Hey guys and gals,

I got a small kinda inconvient problem with my iPhone every now and then it just randomly shuts off. Battery is good and everything, and when I turn it back on everything seems normal. At first I thought it was cause it was in my pocket and i put it up there with the top button down so I thought it was the button being pressed and then when I pulled the iPhone out of my pocket it would slide to turn off, I got a case for it that kinda covers up that button a little bit its an iFrogz case but it happend once more when it was sitting on top of my shelf, I did a restore on it, but it happend to me again today.
any cause for alarm? or should i just ignore it?
QUOTE Thanks
astar08

astar08 is on a distinguished road

If it is turning off by its self then yea I would be a little worried and would take it in.

My 3GS has never turned off on its own. Heck, I think I have only turned it off once or twice since I've had it. Other than that it is always on stand by.
QUOTE Thanks
Daddy Elmis

Daddy Elmis has a spectacular aura about

my wife's iPhone 3G has done that off and on for months . . . I rebooted, restored, etc., with no fix. Finally took it into the Apple Store 'cause the 1 yr warranty only has a couple months left.

They verified no water damage, and immediately replaced the phone with no further testing. My guess is there is some known firmware/hardware issue with the 3G's so they just replace it.

If you are under warranty, I'd definitely check it out. If out of warranty, I'd still go have a chat at the Apple Store -- if this is a known issue they might still replace either free or cheap.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Podcast artwork is not showing up in iTunes 9 | iTouch - Upgrade to 3.1 from 2.whateveristhelatest »