New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

if I put my iPhone to silent mode at nite, will my alarm still sound?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

xiaobao

xiaobao is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac?

Hi all,

New to iPhone, have been eyeing on the iPhone 3GS for quite a while.

Have a few question in mind would like to resolve before I jump in.

Can I check with you guys, if I put my iPhone to silent mode (sound/vibration off) at nite, will my alarm still sound off in the morning? If not, is there any work around on this? Or is there any apps that i can install to have this feature?
QUOTE Thanks
LogicBox

LogicBox is on a distinguished road

If you put your iPhone on vibrate your alarm will not sound, I found this out one day. As for if there is an app not sure. There was a clock one i had with my 2g but I never really looked deep into its features and then when I got my 3G I just figured i didnt need it.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

LogicBox, that's not correct. If you have the phone's silent slider switched to silent and you have an alarm turned on, it WILL go off despite the phone being in silent mode. I just tested it and that's exactly what it did.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
astar08

astar08 is on a distinguished road

I just tested it also on my 3GS and yes the Alarm will still go off and make noise if it is set to silent/vibrate.
QUOTE Thanks
xiaobao

Hey guys,

Thanks for the info. Coz my frd told me that his set doesn't sound off. So I'm kinda worry on this issue.

If this is the case, i got to ask my frd to test his set again.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Even with vibrate feature turned off, and slider switched to silent, the alarm will go off.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
xiaobao

Hey guys, thanks for all the confirmation. Yes is working... My frd had confirm that his set is working and he claims that is user's problem. Coz he is also new to iphone. hee hee

Btw, what do you guys mean when you say the silent slider? Where can we find this slider?
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

The little button on the side just above the volume control - moves side to side - to mute or unmute the speaker.

Good for going in a movie theater, etc. and leaving phone on vibrate when you're expecting an important call.

If you take that call while in the theater though, I hope someone bops you over the head.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
xiaobao

lol... ok ok... Tks for the info.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« how to share apps? | iPhone showing wrong email in iTunes store »