New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

How to download google maps?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Minneola24

Minneola24 is on a distinguished road

How can I download my local area to use for offline ?
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Hmm..if you are using an iPhone, you have a GPS built in it and you should be able to access your local area "offline" through the Maps App. This doesn't use your 3G/Wifi networks..

Not sure what you are exactly asking..

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
Minneola24

Minneola24 is on a distinguished road

I turned airplane on and gps doesn't work and not all of my area loads
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Ahh, in that case you're kinda stuck with whatever loads. You can't have it download anymore than it can with what's available to you..

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
james515

james515 is an unknown at this point

Google maps, which is what maps is built on for the iPhone has never been a stand alone download with data/map files resident on a device or a computer.

maps can only display a map if you have a connection to either a wifi network or the cellular network.

i have not even looked to see if there is even a stand alone app that contains map files. it would be nice if there was something very basic though
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Is there any way to share one ipod with two itunes? | SDK Q: on your iphone/ipod touch »