New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Import Flash to iPod or iPhone?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

joyoio

joyoio is on a distinguished road

I need to put my Flashs to my iPod or iPhone. So I can enjoy them on my trip. And the flash is in .swf format. I don't know how to do it? Any suggestion??

iPod 30G, iPhone 8G. Would like to own Macbook!
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.4-MacMini3,1:10.9.4-iPhone6,1:7.1.2

Not sure if it will work, but I have used Handbrake v0.9.3 too convert .flv to .m4v format and it works about 75% of the time. I have successfully added them to iTunes and viewed them on my iPhone 3G.

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." Henry Spencer
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

I've used HB to convert tons of movies and they all work on my iPhone 3G just fine. Make sure you use the correct settings.

As for Flash, good luck. It's one of things most people still want on the iPhone that Apple has yet to implement. In short, you can't do it.

QUOTE Thanks
rdsii64

rdsii64 is on a distinguished road

I beliece it can be done but until the iphone supports flash video it will be a rather convoluted process. Take this with a grain of salt because I am trying to solve the same problem.
What I think we are going to have to do is aquire a third party program that can convert the flash video into quicktime. Once you get that far I belive that you can use imove to put the finishing touches on your videos and import time to itunes.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« i.tv app? | Voice Control app missing »