New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

iTunes Download Error (error -100000)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lisacorinne

lisacorinne is on a distinguished road

I have received this error while downloading 2 albums from the itunes store. All the songs except 2 downloaded perfectly. 2 of the songs seem to be downloading and just as they complete, err=-100000 pops up on the screen. I contacted support and here is what they said (and they pointed to a thread on their support site)

"It appears that many customers have been able to resolve this error by uninstalling or correctly disabling a security software suite installed on their computers named "Intego Internet Suite: Net Barrier X4, Virus Barrier X4, Personal Backup X4"."

Don't have any of that nor do I have other security software that I am aware of. Is there anyway to search for security software, or do you know of another reason I could be getting this error and how to fix it?

By the way one neither of the songs are listed explicit or anything even close to that... I don't know if something else may be triggering security, if that is even what it is.

Thanks so much. Any help is appreciated since Apple Support wasn't able to give me a fix.
QUOTE Thanks
Sobe

Sobe will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" 2.8ghz Macbook Pro, 32GB iPhone 4

It's over 9000?!?

I don't support candidates that will say anything to be elected, and avoid answering questions like the plague.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« SMS bug? Anyone have this problem? | switching to new laptop, itunes sync? »