New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

New Laptop/Old iPod

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

meister321

meister321 is on a distinguished road

I have an old iPod mini 4gig laying around, hasn't been used in years. I just installed iTunes 8.2.1.6 to a relatively new laptop running XP. I plug in the iPod and sure enough Windows sees it, I can browse through the directory structure of the iPod, and iTunes sees it. I have the device listed by name in the sources section on the left.

ITunes also tells me there's an update to my iPod software and I proceed. I don't know what the old version was, but it's been sitting for several years. Anyway I'm instructed to plug it into a power source, and I do and looks like something is happening. A meter progresses and then it looks like the update is done. Now I have version 1.4.1 (along with 8.2.1.6 for iTunes).

When I plug back into my computer I can still browse the iPod in Windows (I get a E drive and it's in device mgr) but iTunes sees nothing. No devices pop up, in fact there is no source list. The iPod itself just says "Do no disconnect."

I thought maybe it was just updating something, however I left it sitting for 9 hours now, I don't think it's updating a thing.

Any ideas?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New Idea for iPhone App | What is the highest 3G speed that you have ever recorded? »