New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

tomtom

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

saccento

saccento can only hope to improve

has anyone heard anything? i've been waiting since it's been announced and still haven't heard any info when it's being released.

iphone 3g, 13'' macbook
QUOTE Thanks
JohnCL

JohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: -->

It would be nice if this used an external antenna and didn't rely on the AT&T network so it could work on the Touch. I will be anxious to see this in action and to what the cost will be.
QUOTE Thanks
saccento

yeah that would be cool.. the hardware coming with it, has it's own gps, which is better than the gps in the iphone.. i'm hoping it doesn't cost more than $100.

iphone 3g, 13'' macbook
QUOTE Thanks
JohnCL

JohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by saccento View Post
yeah that would be cool.. the hardware coming with it, has it's own gps, which is better than the gps in the iphone.. i'm hoping it doesn't cost more than $100.
OK, if it has its own self contained GPS unit then I don't see why this couldn't be used on the touch. I just assumed that it would use the iPhone's built in unit. Am I missing something here?
QUOTE Thanks
saccento

that's what i thought, but when i was reading up on it. i heard it has it's own built in gps for more support .. i will find the link and post it.

iphone 3g, 13'' macbook
QUOTE Thanks
saccento

TomTom for iPhone en route | Software | iPhone Central | Macworld

found it faster than i thought i would...

iphone 3g, 13'' macbook
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can an iPhone/iPod see FLAC and Ogg files? | iPhone and BlackBerry Tour »