New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

iPhone - 2 Quick Questions...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

brokeenthusiast

brokeenthusiast is on a distinguished road

1. Is there a way to copy just part of a text message instead of the whole thing? Whenever I double tap and the "copy" icon comes up it doesnt let me select just a few words from it. Is there a way to change this?

2. When browsing on 3G, I consistently get a message that says "Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding." I have searched and found that this is common but I haven't found a fix. Just tossing it out there.

I appreciate any help received!

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
jfkeith

jfkeith is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White Macbook 2.16

As far as I know, there isn't a way to copy just part of text message. I find this to be a pain because why would anyone want to copy the whole message and not just pieces? But I'm hoping that this will be something they can address in later updates.

To your second question, I find the same thing with the server response. As far as I know there isn't any way to get around this or to fix it, and it's just something we're all going to have to live with for a while.

3.0 has been both positive and negative for many users, but I'm sure future updates will be better.

Hope this helps!

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity, but they've always worked for me.
-Hunter S. Thompson
QUOTE Thanks
brokeenthusiast

Thanks, it does answer my question but I guess I will just have to see if they have an update for it later on..
QUOTE Thanks
True Bassist

True Bassist is a jewel in the roughTrue Bassist is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M

You can copy parts of a message. Tap, then tap again on the blinking cursor and you should have a bar with a dot on pop up. Drag this (it will split into two) so that the text you want to copy is highlighted between each bar in blue. Then click copy.
QUOTE Thanks
Jaygray

Jaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD

I ran into the same problem copying an address out of a text message. I work around it by pasting the entire message in Notes. Once it's pasted, doubletap it and then you can copy it properly. Not the best solution, but it works in a pinch.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeenthusiast View Post
1. Is there a way to copy just part of a text message instead of the whole thing? Whenever I double tap and the "copy" icon comes up it doesnt let me select just a few words from it. Is there a way to change this?
Well, assuming you want to just send somebody part of a message, you could hit edit > forward and then trim the bits of the text you don't need. Or alternatively select the portion you want to copy whilst in the forward view.
QUOTE Thanks
brokeenthusiast

My uses would be to copy something out of the text and insert it into the browser. But thank you all for the other ideas
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« can I flash my iPhone and rejailbreak it | How to send a file to iphone from ibook »