iPhone - 2 Quick Questions...
    1. Is there a way to copy just part of a text message instead of the whole thing? Whenever I double tap and the "copy" icon comes up it doesnt let me select just a few words from it. Is there a way to change this?

2. When browsing on 3G, I consistently get a message that says "Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding." I have searched and found that this is common but I haven't found a fix. Just tossing it out there.

I appreciate any help received!

Thanks

Specs:
    White Macbook 2.16
    As far as I know, there isn't a way to copy just part of text message. I find this to be a pain because why would anyone want to copy the whole message and not just pieces? But I'm hoping that this will be something they can address in later updates.

To your second question, I find the same thing with the server response. As far as I know there isn't any way to get around this or to fix it, and it's just something we're all going to have to live with for a while.

3.0 has been both positive and negative for many users, but I'm sure future updates will be better.

Hope this helps!
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity, but they've always worked for me.
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Thanks, it does answer my question but I guess I will just have to see if they have an update for it later on..

Specs:
    MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
    You can copy parts of a message. Tap, then tap again on the blinking cursor and you should have a bar with a dot on pop up. Drag this (it will split into two) so that the text you want to copy is highlighted between each bar in blue. Then click copy.

Specs:
    Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
    I ran into the same problem copying an address out of a text message. I work around it by pasting the entire message in Notes. Once it's pasted, doubletap it and then you can copy it properly. Not the best solution, but it works in a pinch.

Specs:
    Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
    Quote Originally Posted by brokeenthusiast View Post
    1. Is there a way to copy just part of a text message instead of the whole thing? Whenever I double tap and the "copy" icon comes up it doesnt let me select just a few words from it. Is there a way to change this?
    Well, assuming you want to just send somebody part of a message, you could hit edit > forward and then trim the bits of the text you don't need. Or alternatively select the portion you want to copy whilst in the forward view.

My uses would be to copy something out of the text and insert it into the browser. But thank you all for the other ideas

Thread Information