New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

When to expect MMS from AT&T...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

NickRubino

NickRubino is on a distinguished road

When can we expect to be able to recieve and send MMS messages with AT&T... Apple.com says late summer, but does anyone have an exact date or maybe can shed some mroe light on this toipic?

8GB iPhone 3G

iBook G4 - 14'', 1.33Ghz, 1.25GB RAM, 60GB HD
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

No one is sure yet.

Member Of The Month for December '08.
It's only the internet!
QUOTE Thanks
macwannabe

macwannabe is a jewel in the roughmacwannabe is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*

i read somewhere that the CEO AT&T said that the end of the summer it should be there.

Click the logo to check out my site...

"learn the basics, learn the rules, and then learn how to break them creatively.." - Phototini
QUOTE Thanks
KoDorSean

KoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

I would think this has been said many times but ill say it again. What has taken this long for MMS on the iphone? You can get free junk phones that have MMS. GRR

I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007
QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

bargsbeer is a jewel in the roughbargsbeer is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

If you jailbreak your phone you can get MMS now. I have it and it works great.
QUOTE Thanks
Doppler808

Doppler808 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoDorSean View Post
I would think this has been said many times but ill say it again. What has taken this long for MMS on the iphone? You can get free junk phones that have MMS. GRR
Apple didn't have it for two versions of the iPhone. Now it's being introduced. MMS is over-rated and over-priced.
QUOTE Thanks
PunkRockTuba

PunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone

the iPhone OS 3.1 beta has the carrier file for MMS, so as soon as that releases I'm willing to bet that soon after, so will MMS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppler808 View Post
Apple didn't have it for two versions of the iPhone. Now it's being introduced. MMS is over-rated and over-priced.
They are adding MMS into all text messaging plans, so whatever you pay for texts includes MMS.
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargsbeer View Post
If you jailbreak your phone you can get MMS now. I have it and it works great.
Having done that in the past, it is SO not worth the effort just for MMS. I'll wait for AT&T to get their act together.

QUOTE Thanks
Jeff

Jeff is a jewel in the roughJeff is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube

I was told around mid-August when I bought my iPhone a week ago. I don't know exactly what the issue is, but I work for the company doing most of AT&T's UMTS (3G) site upgrades, and the problem is most definitely not the network.

Black MacBook
Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic
B&W G3
G4's - PowerMac & Cube
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« IPod Problems | AT&T controlling your SMS »