New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Missing Photos iPhone 3G with 3.0

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

pixie

pixie is on a distinguished road

Hey - I just joined in an attempt to get some help before calling Apple.
I upgraded to 3.0 as most of you probably did on 17 June. I have taken, used, and even transfered to my Mac, pictures from my iPhone without issue since the upgrade.

Sunday night, I used Image Capture to remove all existing photos off and it worked seamlessly as usual. Monday morning, I was snapping pictures again, but now when I go into my Camera roll it shows the last thumbnail of the image I took, and a proper count of the photos, but when I go into the actual roll, its says "No Photos." I have two other photo folders synced with my Mac, which I can view fine on my phone.

My question is, anyone else run into this problem or have any ideas on how to fix it? I also tried to use other applications that access the camera roll, and they all act as if the folder is empty.
QUOTE Thanks
TrevPoulin

TrevPoulin is on a distinguished road

I'm having the same issue. Where you able ro resove the problem?
QUOTE Thanks
pixie

I was not. I did call Apple Support, and he wanted to restore my iPhone, which of course.. I did not want to do. After talking to him a bit more about the problem he decided that I probably shouldn't restore it and instead take it to the Apple store. I have an appointment for Saturday afternoon.
QUOTE Thanks
Jimbomonkey1234

Jimbomonkey1234 is on a distinguished road

I've got the exact same problem. I upgraded to 3.0 as soon as it came out, then left town. I just returned from vacation, where I took 500 pictures. My roll read 809 pics but, of course, only 752 were visible. This was the situation before I connected my iPhone to the computer. I was hoping the problem would resolve itself with a sync, but no dice. I'm going out today which means I might stop by my Apple store, so if I do I'll let you know. Please post your results too, after your appointment.

I just hope 3.1 gets out soon.

Best wishes.
QUOTE Thanks
pixie

Yup, I def update after I go. I just hope they don't want to charge me or something. I was going to restore, but I don't want to lose all my contacts, ect. I have a backup, but I'm thinking if i reinstall 3.0 and than restore my backup.. it's kinda like moving 2 steps forward and 1 step back at that point. haha since it would be restoring the same broken software.
QUOTE Thanks
pixie

Well, I totally forgot about my Apple Store appointment, because it was made 3 days in advance and I was super busy this weekend. grrr. I'm considering just restoring at this point and wrote down all of my contacts on.. paper. I was browsing the Apple Forums this morning, and found this : Apple - Support - Discussions - New pics don't show in camera roll ...

and it seems a LOT of people are having the same issue so we aren't alone.
QUOTE Thanks
pixie

Just an update guys, I called Apple about this issue months ago and he wanted me to restore at first, and eventually before the call ended had me set up another appt at the apple store.

I ended up backing up my iphone, restoring it, and than putting the back up back on.. and has worked like a charm since.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Buying advice for itouch | Is there an app that allows both 3G & wireless signal to work at the same time? »