New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

iTunes store password issue- 3GS

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

wlshyd

wlshyd is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Aluminium (al-oo-min-e-um) 2.4ghz, 250gb, 2gb DDR3 MB

Every time i try and download an app or song on my 3GS and punch in my password (which is definitely the correct password) it just keeps saying that it is incorrect and prompts me to retry, until it eventually asks me to reset my password because it has been entered wrongly too many times.

It works when i punch in the password on my MB, but not on my iPhone... any ideas? Yet occasionally, it does work, but very occasionally...

Aaargh!
QUOTE Thanks
wlshyd

Plus, is it just me or does the speaker go a LOT louder than the 3G?

Took some videos at a motor race this weekend and it goes effing loud!
QUOTE Thanks
gigabella

gigabella is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2ghz Core 2 Duo Macbook; 80gig HDD; 1gb Ram; iLife '08; Mac:Office; Firefox!

I'm on an original 2g iphone and im getting this issue as well after updating to 3.0....works fine on my pc and will only work on iphone 1x after I sync from my PC....after that I continuously get that my password is incorrect when trying to purchase or update apps.....I'm sooo frustrated.
QUOTE Thanks
wlshyd

Isnt it...

My password is definitely correct cos i've reset it that many times. Not sure what to do really, cos one of teh best functions of teh iPhone is being able to dwnload apps and songs whilst out and about
QUOTE Thanks
gigabella

Mac Specs: 2ghz Core 2 Duo Macbook; 80gig HDD; 1gb Ram; iLife '08; Mac:Office; Firefox!

I tried calling the apple support last Thursday and they wanted me to back up and restore my phone from scratch.....I just said uh huh ok Ill do that...NOT ... I highly doubt restoring the phone will fix this issue.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigabella View Post
I tried calling the apple support last Thursday and they wanted me to back up and restore my phone from scratch.....I just said uh huh ok Ill do that...NOT ... I highly doubt restoring the phone will fix this issue.
It is likely that is the only way to fix a great many problems with the iPhone OS. There is not really a way to go in and delete a plist file like there is with OS X. It is also not that big a hassle if you start it when you go to bed or other time when not using it.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Doppler808

Doppler808 is on a distinguished road

Have you tried to restore the phone without back up? Then sync your phone right after?
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

I have not done a restore without back up.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Doppler808

Doppler808 is on a distinguished road

Try doing that, and it may remedy your problem. The backup file might have an error.
QUOTE Thanks
gigabella

Well after over an hour of backing up, restoring, and syncing my password still only works once after I unplug after sync and then says my password is incorrect after subsequent downloads.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Bricked Jailbroken 1st gen iPhone while upgrading to iPhone OS 3.0 | Can't send my videos via mail from my new 3G s »